Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.19

on 13 February 2017
Amazing book. I am a long time fan of Joe Rogan and his podcast and he has mentioned this book a few times so I bought it. I would consider this to be essential reading for artists, especially ones that are frustrated with them selves and know they have potential to create great work. Also helped me quit smoking too.
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2016
A motivational book for the struggling artist.

If you find it hard to get your ideas onto the page, or your songs onto a CD then this book may help you to understand why you keep procrastinating and what you can do to overcome this inexplicable resistance to your own success.

This one and Do The Work by the same author are well thumbed copies in my library.
on 5 June 2016
I devoured this book in a day it is that good! This book is by far the best book that I have read on being a writer. It should be read by anyone who considers them a writer. The author's ideas on resistance shake you to your core. Resistance is the enemy and we must beat it to be successful. Thank you Steven Pressfield
on 17 May 2017
I had read some of Pressfield's other works and wanted to give this a read based on Joe Rogan's stellar reviews on multiple Podcasts. I enjoyed it but perhaps I expected too much. I was underwhelmed by the book itself but the principles within are helpful. I think the lessons within his other books such as Gates of Fire and The Warrior Ethos are much more better presented.
on 22 August 2014
This is a fantastic book and is full of inspiring and motivational gems whether you are a writer, entrepreneur, creator or not. If you want to accomplish ANYTHING in your life but you're struggling to get the job done, this is the book for you.

I will admit that some of the things Mr Pressfield does say I don't entirely agree with. It is difficult to see the point behind his Hitler comment as some other reviewers have pointed out - but in general if you read it with a purpose to find the lessons that will work for you - you will get a lot out of this book. It sounds like some people reached a line they didn't understand or agree with and threw the book down and rushed to their computer to review it in a temper tantrum.

Persevere with this book. It's well worth it.
on 25 May 2017
Well this is a revelation and yet at the same time something native to me- something I have always known and experienced but been unable to fully grasp. It's easy to get deflected away from these profound truths even after - for example I wrote SET ME FREE entirely from that seat of the Self. It is so true that there is no winning such competitions- the only win is within - coming from a place of true authenticity. Thanks Steven for giving us what you've got. Hina Belitz
on 14 June 2017
Vote up if you bought this cause of Rogan. Absolutely awesome book. Read through it twice now. Great for breaking through your procrastination and getting stuff done. Like writing this review... I didn't procrastinate for a second
on 31 January 2017
Stephen Pressfield urges the reader to go to war with that little devil on our shoulder he labels as 'resistance'.
Years of succumbing to that resistance taught the author one thing, that resistance must be fought at all costs to the bitter end. I found this book incredibly insightful. It brought to light my own battles with resistance and somehow gave me new found courage to face the long war ahead.
This book now has a well deserved place on my 'must reads' shelf.
on 26 June 2017
Left me feeling a little short-changed, and as an atheist I was disappointed to find man's genius attributed to angels, and that we are all working in the service of a god. Still, some positive messages to be taken from it - never give up, work hard, see your vision through to the end no matter what as the work is the reward, not the 'Likes' or adulation.
on 8 April 2017
The book is motivating if you want to be motivated, it is encouraging, helpful, honest and thought provoking, but only if it is these things your actually seeking, I was ?