on 2 April 2014
Worked out of the box on Linux. Play CDs, DVDs and BlueRay disks well. Nice drive. I also liked the keen price.
on 19 June 2014
Does the job. So apparently I need a few more words for this review, but it honestly does the job.
on 6 December 2015
Noisy when burning DVDs. Not yet successfully burnt a movie that will play back.
on 9 March 2013
It wasn't the fastest delivery, yet the item arrived on the advertised date.
Despite it's an internal drive, I use it as external drive via a SATA/USB converter. It's no problem under Windows 7. My computer recognised it without problems - although I had to plug it directly into the computer instead of via a USB hub as I wanted to. The drive is not particularly noise. I haven't used the bundled software since I don't need it.
Beware that a SATA cable is not enclosed with the drive, so you may have get hold of one separately.
on 21 February 2013
Works perfectly and a great price, very happy with my purchase. I've used this to rip Blu-rays (which I've purchased) to put on my iPhone and Nexus 7 and as I say it works a treat. Unfortunately because my PC's display is quite old and has no HDMI i/p it is not HDCP compliant so I can't actually play any Blu-rays on my PC. but this is not a fault of the LiteOn player it is a limitation of my PC so don't let this put you off as it works for what I wanted it for so happy to fully recommend it.
on 7 May 2013
Nice cheap blue ray for my pc.. Can't go wrong with it.. The power dvd software is not necessarily the best in the world but does the job, the windows media center integration for win7 did not work for me..

But if you want a blue ray and are not fussed like me about writing to blue ray it's a safe buy
on 5 March 2013
Arrived spot on time and does what it says on the tin, no complaints at all, would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a cheap Blu-Ray player
on 4 June 2013
okay so i needed a bluray player for my PC as the blu-ray all-in-one dvd player thing was taking up too much space in my room, suprisingly it was a very fast delivery even though it is a large product and it was super easy to install into the computer. the drivers all worked perfectly and it is a very good picture quality. the only thing i found wrong is the forst 3 or 4 times of using this drive to watch blu-ray films, it froze around half way through but seemed to fix itself after a few more plays. another thing is the read speeds are only 4x which isnt good for general CDs, DVDs and games and you will therefore need to keep your normal CD drive which takes up space unless you just want to play blu-ray dvds in your machine. it is an all round good product once working properly.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this as I wanted a cheap way of playing bluray movies on my PC and this has worked really well. At under £30 at the time of review it's fantastic. It was very easy to install on my PC partly because my PC is designed for simple hardware installation. I just connected it to a spare SATA port and when switched on, my PC automatically picked up the hardware. I already had some software that allowed me to play bluray movies so I was very quickly up and running. I've had no problems with it at all in writing to blank CD/DVD's or reading discs and it's not particularly noisy. Would definitely recommend it for the price.
on 19 November 2015