on 21 April 2013
I've owned a lot of headsets over the years, some costing a lot of money.

I bought these for use with games, skype and some video commenteries i do and they are really good quality. The mic is very clear and my voice comes across nicely thorugh it while the sound quality is also very good in the headset itself. I have owned the Fatal1ty headet by creative before this one and this headsent beats it in all departments for me. The headset sits on my head very comnfortably and adjusts well to the shape of my fairly big head. They earphones are very copmfortable and produce excellent sound quality. The is a mic mute button situated near the volume control on the back of the left earphone and there is also a movable mic arm that is sturdy and can easily be moved in and out of talking position. It takes a little getting used to using the mic mute button and controls where they are if your used to the usual cable located ones but once you are used to it i find it to be much better having them where they are.

The build quality is solid; they have padding for the ears and the top of the head and have a sturdy feel to them. It is worth noting the cable is not a usb one, this is one is split into a mic cable and one for the speakers so plug these straight into your sound card. Thankfully i have a pretty good soundcard so this works nicely for me.

I paid the £20 price for these and recieved them 2 days later on super saver delivery which was great! As a nod to the comfort levels of them i went to have a 1 hour go of DayZ one night and ended up playing all night for around 5 hours and didnt even notice the headset (also with glasses on), if in fact all i noticed was that they kept my ears warm and the sound quality was brilliant, i heard noises i hadnt even noticed before! The mic was great too and everyone could here me clearly (although i turned up the mic in Windows 7 and tested it a fair bit before i played).

For the price this is an excellent headset that could easily cost a lot more, unless you want a 7.1 ultra high-quality headset this is the best possible value. It performs as well if not better than many much dearer headsets and is all you need for gaming and skype/vblogging etc. unless you 'need' surround sound.

5/5 - excellent headset at a great price!
on 3 October 2013
I have this plugged in to an external USB audio interface (Edirol UA-1EX) because I got fed up with internal PC soundcards and the end result is great.

The headphones are comfy; they go around the ear rather than sitting on top of it, and are "closed-back" meaning they keep the outside world OUT and your music/sound IN (not leaking much to others near you).

The mic stays up out of the way when not wanted, but easily pulls down when required. Sounds pretty great on my (rather overkill) USB audio box, has a mute switch up on the back of the left earcup along with the volume. Velour (plush) earpads and padding on the top band, so it doesn't get sweaty or greasy. Remains comfortable for extended use - but of course, be careful of your volume to avoid damaging your hearing!
on 26 July 2016
The best headset on the market! The quality of the product is amazing, the cable is very strong and holds it's shape without any tangles.

The sound quality from the headset is fantastic and very comfortable! My friend told me that the microphone is very clear!

Overall a great product purchased that is of high quality and will last a long time, I highly recommend anyone to invest in this product. Definitely worth the investment completely.
on 12 October 2014
Usually I'm not one for writing reviews, but I really wanted to make an exception for these headphones.

For the price I was expecting something cheap and cheerful, but I was very much wrong.

The build itself is lovely. You can bend these things into shapes unimaginable. I've sat on these, leant on these, dropped these down the stairs (I'm a horrible owner) and I'm sat wearing them now. The fit is comfortable, the padding is soft, and I'm really surprised that despite feeling a little flimsy, this thing has stood through my irresponsible ownership.

The sound quality is pretty neat. I'm no audio mastermind, so I'm judging this mainly on the fact that yes, indeed, when you play music, you can hear the music clearly in your ears. The mic is of nice quality, though it's quite long and sometimes I have to keep repositioning it because it picks up my breathing and 'pops'.

The cord length is great. I can walk around my whole bedroom and never have to take the things off. You've got a dial at the back of your left ear to change the volume in a jiffy, and a switch to mute you mic.

Overall, absolutely flabbergasted for the price. I've actually been reluctant to upgrade, I love this headset so much! It's glorious for a budget gamer, youtuber, skype-r or just something cheap and funky for parents to give younger kids so they can play with their friends and look snazzy whilst doing it. Very pleased. :)
on 4 October 2014
I have never used in game speech before so I wasn't really sure what to expect.
It was easy to figure out, works perfectly with windows 7 and mumble which is the service I use.
the sound quality of both voice and music is really good and I would recommend these to anyone. Now I have started to use in game speech I can't see me ever going back to typing. I am left wondering why I didn't do it before.
on 30 July 2014
The headset arrived on time and was well packed.
It is just plug in and use.
The left hand can has a volume control and a mute microphone switch.
All in all it's easy to set up and fairly comfortable to wear for long periods, ( I am a flt simmer!!)
Sound is good for what I need and the mic slides away to verti cal when not needed.
Recommended. Not sure for HiFi specialists....
on 30 November 2012
Just beginning to use Skype, but hate headphones - tried all shapes and sizes but they either fall out or hurt my ears - so was looking for a headphone/microphone headset at a reasonable price that would cover my ears entirely. These are comfortable, have headphone volume control and mic mute switches on the left earpiece, and work perfectly for my requirements. I have been told that Plantronics is a good make and usually expensive, so I am very pleased with this purchase.
on 31 March 2017
Amazing quality for the money! Sweet balance between bass and treble, with fullness in the sound. Very pleasantly surprised about the max volume as well - quite loud. The ear pads are not as big as I need them to (big ears) but they're fine for no more than 1-2 hours of continuous use. Good chance to take a break from gaming this way.
on 24 April 2017
Good preseny
on 19 July 2017
Lasted for years. Feels great and sound better!