on 2 July 2011
i've had sleep problems for about the last 4 or 5 years

but not anymore since i read this book

it took me about a week to read, understanding the various "rules" that the writer establishes to help you learn how to prepare yourself for good sleep. because getting good sleep is only 10% about what you do when you're in bed. the other 90% of stuff is in your day to day life. and it makes perfect sense when you hear what she has to say, but they're things that i would never have considered if i hadn't read about them.

now that i have the ability to sleep well i feel much more in control of my life.

if you're suffering from insomnia and are desperate to get a good nights sleep then don't waste another second. buy this book right now.
on 13 April 2017
A must have interesting sleep mind unlocking book. For once an Author who understands and relates to the mind and body. Doesn't talk down to the reader or patients . Thoroughly recommend this book.
on 1 March 2011
I bought this book to help me sort out my miserable sleeping problems. It's well written and doesn't drone on. The Writer has obviously researched her subject thoroughly and uses different approaches that can be tailored to an individuals needs, depending on what their particular problem is; certainly i've improved my sleep already and hope to continue this improvment using more of the 'Toolkit'.
on 16 January 2014
I bought this book after yet another sleepless night. I am an author and found that when I was writing my third book last year, I began to suffer from insomnia bad enough to go to the doctors and get sleeping tablets. As I don't like taking any form of medication unless absolutely necessary I wanted to find a way of overcoming my insomnia. My problem was getting to sleep. Dozing off in front of the television then finding it hard to sleep until the very early hours of the morning. I read the book in one sitting (there is nothing quite like the gift of desperation to galvanise one into action!) and took some powerful tips from it. Namely, drink lots of water, good sleeping habits are cultivated at the start of the day, count back and avoid caffeine. Yes this might all sound straightforward but would not have occurred to me. The net result is that whilst I do still get the odd sleepless night my sleeping has improved dramatically and I use these tips to help me. So I am reviewing this book not as a reader yet to put the tips into practise which strikes me as pretty odd. I am a reader who has put the tips into practise and is reporting back which is the only way you can review a book of this nature. That said, the author has a lovely writing style. She is upbeat, inspiring and clearly knows her stuff. And I for one am immensely grateful she shared her wisdom with us. A pivotal read if you're suffering from insomnia. Thank you!
on 2 February 2014
This is an excellent book, I have read it before in hard copy. This edition is really poor. The charts and diagrams are tiny and in faint print. No attention have been .given to making a proper conversion to Kindle. Very disappointing
on 23 October 2013
I bought this after reading about it in The Times newspaper. I had been having trouble sleeping for a while and this book gives some commonsense ideas and directions. I particularly liked the idea that your mind gets overloaded by all the information it receives every day in our online world. Since trying to create short rest periods, using IT differently and altering my timetable I am starting to experience better quality sleep.
on 28 July 2013
I thought I had read everything on how to sleep better but this book taught me some new techniques that really works. There are somethings in there that I had read elsewhere but there some different ideas too that have really helped me. I also found the book really enjoyable to read and read it pretty quickly. I would say it is a must have for anyone who finds it difficult to relax and unwind.
on 20 December 2011
I've been sleeping badly for some time now but didn't want to resort to medication to solve the problems. This book gives very good, realistic information on sleep which helped me to understand that some of the problems I had were part of normal sleep patterns which took some of the stress out of the situation. Lots of practical tips, or tools, given to help with various aspects of sleep problems. It all made sense and I realised my expectation of dropping to sleep straight away and sleeping a full 6-8 hours without waking was unrealistic and I needed to adjust my expectations and attitude. I am now sleeping better having applied some of the tools and I would recommend this book to anyone who has sleep problems.
on 26 September 2010
The book is great for understanding sleep problems. I have used the sleep kit in groups of carers and it really works, easy to understand gives a good overview of many problems with real accounts
on 31 May 2013
So very useful in giving exercises and methods to encourage good sleeping practise. Am learning as I go along but already effective and helping give ma a better quality of life-and sleep!