on 8 August 2013
the water both cold and for making hot beverages most definitely tastes better, to the point where when a coffee was accidently made with ordinary water from the tap It was thrown down the sink and a second one made from the water from the alkaline jug!! The taste improvement is that distinctive in both hot and cold drinks and plain ..The jug comes with 2 cartridges and lasts a year so you know where you are at, just one entry note in the calendar for cartridge change over..job done! the jug size small-moderate is perfect for a household of two and not so huge that it takes up counter space and water remains standing for a long time ( in previous standard filter jugs this would happen as no incentive to drink it because of rubbish taste living in a hard water area) It's easy to decipher if you have consumed the recommended water daily intake too.
6 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2014
I bought this with high hopes, having heard some really good things about maintaining a good ph balance. Unfortunately this product did not live up to expectations.

Firstly, the filters rarely filter!, after filtering one full reservoir the filter needs replacing! and even then there is usually an inch of water remaining in the reservoir all the time.

Then we have the jug design - when pouring the filtered water some of the water from the reservoir can mix with filtered water thus contaminating it.

This leads to the last problem in that I never got a ph greater than 7.5!
on 6 March 2015
I cannot recommend this more highly if you live in a hard water area. I HATE drinking water. It always tastes sharp to me and I have lived in the area all my life; this turns the water "smooth" as a previous reviewer said and I agree. The first night I drank three large glasses of the stuff. Now we keep two resealable bottles in the fridge and have to replenish them constantly. Tried a blind tasting on a friend he gave the water 10/10 without seeing or knowing that we had filtered it - he thought it was mineral water.
on 7 September 2012
Spending this amount of money on a filter jug would have seemed a waste of money to me a month or so ago. However recently I had my attention drawn to the natural acid/alkaline balance of out bodies, and that our modern way of eating and drinking has completely tipped this upside down, and it has very damaging effects on the body.
Having a filter that balances the alkalinity in your tap water can help, and not only that but it tastes so much better! I have only had my filter a week and so far so good, im very happy with it and I think it is worth the money, especially as it comes with 12 months worth or filters! Be good to your body :)
One person found this helpful
on 19 May 2012
I've sampled at cheaper versions of this and never thought much of this type of product. Having bought this item I'm petty sure my water tastes a lot better.
Would recommend this item.
9 people found this helpful
on 15 November 2014
Might be not so bad if not the high price and low life expectancy. I was drinking this water for 2-3 days it tasted nice, but then the quality deteriorated, it appers that blockages in filters happen too often and it is a problem to make them work again properly.

Also drinking water from the plastic jug if you want to drink healthy water is a joke. Plastic is not healthy at all whenever its bpa-free or not does not matter.
on 31 October 2014
Love it! The water tastes pure and all you have to do is top it up when you use it. Comes with 2 filters which last six months each so a good buy. You really can taste the difference between this and tap water.
on 6 September 2012
I bought this jug in Febuary of this year, I always hated drinking water at the best of times, but since I got this, I drink at least 2Litre's a day now if not more, It tastes fresh, clean, and pure,even better than bottled, And comes with two filters, so you really get a years supply of water, I would recommend this product to friends ~
7 people found this helpful
on 15 July 2012
Very helpfull on telephone
We collected this item the same day we paid for it,as the person was going to be out at the time we could get there, it was left for us to collect as arranged. Good service Item as described easy to use with instuctions supplied. many Thanks
3 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2014
This item is exactly as it is described and is easy to use. The replacement filters are expensive, but as you only need to change them after months of use it works out ok...just. My morning cup of tea tastes great now.