on 31 December 2013
Thought for once would actually use something properly (Give it a good Whirl) before reviewing a product bought on Amazon.
Here it is - bought them to tramp about my work location in Afghanistan- still wearing them and in good order over 9 months later-going home in them shortly
What can I say!
Not a Soldier I hasten to had just a support contractor and this footwear would not stand up to their needs-otherwise perfect for me
on 13 April 2014
I am, I confess, a Hi-Tec apostle; the best pair of hiking boots I ever had were Hi_Tecs (and, predictably, by the time they needed replacement Hi-Tec no longer made that particular model). These shoes do not let Hi-Tec down; a comfortable fit that holds the foots nicely, a sole that is shaped to help a good walking attitude, and sufficiently understated to enable me to wear them around the office. Yep, they are that good that I use them for tramping the city streets as well as hills and pathways in te countryside. I shall continue to buy Hi-Tec for as long as they continue to provide me with this kind of quality - and at very affordable prices, too.
on 24 August 2013
My old Hi-Tec shoes after 2.5 years of good service have developed defects, so I decided to buy new ones, a bit different model – Penrith, (as the old was not available anymore) the same size UK10, still the lower profile ones. I have now done both extended walking and a running in them – I find them useful for running as well, not just walking. They have been very comfy as usual with Hi-Tec, and I expect they will last again more than two years.
VINE VOICEon 13 January 2014
Considering that these are hardly expensive, they've lasted very well. I've worn them in all weathers (actually, mainly rain for the last month or so) and they've stood up to everything the British climate can throw at them. No leakage and even the laces seem to be of good quality. They were comfortable from the first moment I put them on - I'll be buying another pair once these finally give up the ghost.
on 18 July 2014
I bought these Hi-Tec walking shoes just before I went on a holiday to New Zealand. I needed something comfortable to walk in but I didn't want to spend an excessive amount on a big brand walking shoe. I must say that these shoes were ideal for the casual walking that I was using them for. They were comfortable from day one and although I didn't encounter much wet weather, I did test them through some very long wet grass on one occasion and they kept my feet dry. They are quite flexible and don't restrict the overall movement of your feet which is great as some shoes can be quite rigid.

I can't really comment on the durability of the shoes but in three weeks of moderate use they've not shown much wear, if any. For the price I wouldn't expect them to last years with heavy use but if you're casual walker then these are a great shoe to have.
on 5 August 2013
Well constructed shoe [it's a shoe not a boot though so don't expect ankle support] that is surprisingly waterproof. Pleasingly light weight also with decent tread pattern for most muddy / rocky trails [struggles on severe levels of either]. Laces are overly long and budget means the eyelets are all tape [not hooked] so unlacing and tightening a bit more of a chore than you'd like. Good item for price.
on 12 May 2013
Delighted to be back wearing Hi-tec's again. They are great for what I use them for; day to day casual use. I cannot comment on their 'off-road' performance but would not hesitate to use them for low level hiking.

Four weeks later.... an update; have just now had to return them due to very quick wear on the sole tread and laces webbing.... A great shame.
on 19 September 2013
i bought my first pair of these some 2 years ago and was delighted with them. i wore them daily as they were both comfortable and rugged. What's more, they didn't make my feet smell as trainers do, so when it came time to replace them, it was only natual that i should buy another pair of Penriths. They are inexpensive, tough and long lasting and when these new ones are retired, they'll be replaced with yet another pair.
on 25 October 2013
Not quite to the same standard as a high end walking boot, but for every day wear they are light, comfortable and seem to be waterproof, I've not stood in a puddle with them on, that's what willies are for, but for walking across a wet lawn and on wet pavements, they are ideal.
In my opinion, an excellent product for the money.
on 19 December 2013
The box these came in is marked '50 Peaks'.Okay, I walk dogs 6 days a week on the flat. However I expected these shoes/trainers to last longer than 70 days.By that time both had split at the side. Soles were not very worn at all. Until then they were waterproof in what I consider are challenging conditions in the far north of Scotland and were comfortable on 1st wear.Amazon replaced them without any fuss and I am now using the second pair.They are very comfortable.