on 23 July 2012
These are my first "proper" walking boots, and I am very happy with them.

Instantly comfortable as soon as I put them on - I saw no need to try anything else!

I have broad feet, but these are fine, my toes have plenty wriggle room and I'm very satsified with them. They are not too heavy either and the sole gives good grip. Like the lighter colour too.

I would add one note of caution; you seem to need a size bigger than you normally take in shoes. I am a size 5, but needed a size 6 boot. I understand that is not uncommon with walking boots. My toes were right up the top of the size 5, but the size 6 is great!
on 5 February 2014
And great quality for money. I tried several other makes and brands, and found this the best-fitting boot. The fit will of course depend on your feet and preferences. It's snug and supportive around the ankle and heel (where I'm a bit slim); spacious and supportive around the forefoot (where I'm normal-broad).

Like other reviewers I, too, had to return the boots ordered in "my size" and order one size up for them to fit me. That's a bit of a hassle, of course; but then, with ordering shoes online I expect some need for exchanges or returns.

Other things you might want to consider before buying: The boots are not super water proof; they need a lot of ongoing waterproofing if you're regularly walking in the rain or through damp grass (at least mine do; would be interested to know if that's normal for this make). I think of them as "trekking" rather than "hiking" boots -- good for outdoor walks, and the kind of hiking you can do in Wales; not safe enough (support, sole) for higher up in the Alps. So if you're planning to use them higher up, as main boots for a long trek, or in unknown mountainous terrain it might be a good idea to discuss your needs with an educated salesperson first.
on 5 June 2013
Having had a previous Hi-Tec boot which finally gave out went for new ones however, although the previous ones were a size 5 found them a bit tight this time so had to change to a size 6. No problems though this was done with virtually no hassle. Size 6 are perfect and as comfortable as the old pair, if they last as long as my old pair I will be happy
on 12 October 2013
I had had a pair of Hi-Tec Boots previously and they had lasted 13 years, I use them every day, so did not hesitate in buying another pair. I do agree with other comments that you need at least half a size bigger than you normally take but that is the only fault I would find with the them.
on 19 September 2013
2nd pair of boots, 1st pair returned as not water-proof, guess what.... 2nd pair not water-proof either. will not buy again. they are really comfortable to wear but no good for walking across fields or in the rain, dry use only.
on 28 August 2014
These are very comfortable boots, I followed the advice of other reviews and picked a larger size, and they fit very nicely. For the price, that level of comfort is amazing!

However, I bought these for dog walking - mostly walking on dewy grass in the very wet North West of England, five long walks every week, week in and week out. And they are not up to the task! After nine months or so, they've decayed and are no longer water proof. The main problem is the side panels - even if you dry up the inside of the boots with newspapers, the seam between the front and the side panel stays wet, and over time it decays. The sole has also decayed in parts, and several bits of the sole are now missing, presumably lost on one of these walks.

If it was just the side panels decaying I'd buy them again, but treat them a bit more kindly the second time around. But no wax/spray treatment can fix the sole disintegrating, and add to that a strange squeak that's been with them from day one, and I'm picking something else (for this task). It is a pity, as they'd be good in a drier climate, or for more occasional use.

The quest for affordable dog-walking footwear continues..
on 11 June 2014
A good strong sturdy boot at a competitive price. Sadly returned as my arthritic feet could not cope with the firmness of the boot structure. This is not a criticism I give 5 stars for style and quality.
on 24 April 2014
after reading the comments, I ordered the shoes one size bigger, but they're still a bit tight for me, I had to return them and exchange form a bigger size. Return and exchange is very easy and straight forward, it's almost a stress free process which I'm very grateful. I'll surely recommend this product to friends.
on 17 March 2014
Sent back as far too tight in the toes.I was disappointed as they were potentially a good buy.No half sizes so no good to me.
on 18 October 2014
I really liked the boots but unfortunately after six months there is a crack in the sole and they leak. I have been unable to contact the seller. Hopefully they will read this and contact me!