Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.79

on 1 April 2017
The story of Anna and Sean Kennedy's quest to find -and ultimately 'create'- appropriate, targeted education for their two boys on the autistic spectrum is a must-read, not only for those parents dealing with offspring on the spectrum, but for anyone in need of a lesson in inspiration: the sheer willpower and drive the couple displayed when all official options were null and void, fighting not only against all odds but also against the establishment's incompetence and lack of understanding, bear testimony to what can be achieved when there's a will...
My respect and total admiration for this formidable Woman of Substance and her family...
on 31 March 2013
I bought this book because I was inspired to hear of her story about starting her own school, as an ordinary person.
I was fascinated to hear more about her experiences of living with autistic people and raising her children, and it really helped me to understand how difficult this must be at times.
The book is well written, and her passion comes across on every page.
I'm glad I read it, and I think I will remember this story to encourage me to battle on when all the doors seem to be closed.
on 18 May 2017
A good read about a family's fight to receive an eduction for their children and others.
on 27 April 2017
Great item, quick delivery, no problems
on 12 August 2017
One of the most inspiring books i have ever read, Anna Kennedy OBE is amazing!
on 2 April 2013
I had originally expected a narrative of her life but it was more factual about the school they set up as well. It was very interesting and inspiring and makes you think, I only have 1 child with autism how wonderful u of I cope with 2 and still achieve so much.
on 11 February 2013
What an incredible story! As the mother of a high-function autistic boy I completely agree with what Anna says about early intervention and support. My son is in mainstream school and doing very well. It would have been a different story without the fantastic support we received from our local authority early on. Anna is inspirational in that she has taken matters into her own hands whilst coping with 2 autistic boys!
on 12 December 2015
different
on 26 June 2016
Good present
on 26 April 2009
I bought the book for a friend who has a son with autism. I thought I would read a few pages to see if it might be of some help before giving it to her. I couldn't put it down and read the whole book. Not Stupid has given me a good insight into the lives of parents who have children with autism. I found the book very inspiring and easy to read.