on 11 August 2012
I bought this book as I know some of the people who Ray knows. So, so disappointed with it. I read the first four chapters (don't know how I got that far) and was so bored with it. I thought this was going to be a book by Ray about his life so far, but no, instead it just has some sentences/paragraphs by him. If you want a review about every film that he has been in (pages and pages of drivle zzzzzzzz), then get this book. If you want to know about Ray himself, don't bother. This to me is not a biography of a person - just about every programme or film he has been in.
5 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2013
I enjoyed the book as it gave me another insight into the real Ray Winstone.His screen presence usually shows u the hard man of film & television but the book showed what a family man & homebird he really is.Typical East End born & bred where FAMILY always comes first & foremost.I would love to meet this man for a chat over a glass of vino as he comes across as completely normal but good craic as well.He has nothing but praise for all the people he has worked with no diva tantrums from Ray !!! A thoroughly good read & loved the pictures at the end,again they all looked like hey were having fun.
on 30 October 2013
How disappointing that a character such as Ray Winstone should have such a useless book written about himself. If you want to know which films he's appeared in - ok - because there's pages written about his film parts plus all the other characters, producers and directors etc. so it becomes more of a film guide. If you want to know about the man who on the surface appears to have had a far more colourful life than most of us then this book portrays very little. THE STORY OF THE ULTIMATE SCREEN HARD MAN is an absolute waste of time so save your money.
on 30 June 2016
Possibly the most poorly written biography I have read. I think it would have been better written by Ray Winstone personally.
on 17 June 2017
A very good and easy to read book, well written and interesting, lots of easy to remember references that are associated to his life
on 15 February 2015
Love Ray Winstone, but was a bit disappointed with the book, it took a long time to get into it, it became a bit boring in places which is a great shame as he is a fantastic actor.
on 5 December 2017
God book
on 29 September 2017
a great book
on 20 June 2013
this is the WORST book ever!! I wish I had read other reviews before I purchased it! Just a jumble of quotes that I could have put together myself from the internet!
2 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2014
A really good read about how he blagged his way to getting a part in the film Scum & how he lost his way & work dried up also how he picked himself and is back to his best.