Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 April 2013
The crows are back! After a four year wait they're back with an album of... Covers? Yes but they're so good that it doesn't matter, they give a unique spin on all of the songs on here, and frankly, what more do you need? Buy it now and if you're unfamiliar with them buy their first album (August and Everything After), and get ready to fall in love with them, over and over again...
on 19 May 2012
As a lot of people before me have said, I was suprised to see CC doing a covers album but it could very easily be an album of their own stuff. Classic Crows, going back a couple of records to their best era!

If you have the UK CD of Hard Candy then you already have a couple of tracks from this CD but re-recorded.

Crows at their best, absolute belter. Highlights are Mercy, Meet on the Ledge & Four White Stallions.
on 17 May 2012
I have been a fan of CC for years so I was so disappointed about them bringing out a cover album as half of the CD has been covered before as B sides. I bought the CD anyway and have had it stuck in my player since... I love it and it's clearly the Best CD I have heard in ages.
Go buy in kids you will love it!
on 14 March 2013
I was excited to hear that Counting Crows had added a bit of country flavour to their latest album and this doesn't disappoint. Excellent if somewhat obscure covers. Fun version of Dylan and the band's 'You ain't going nowhere (Easy chair)' and worth the entire price of the disc alone for their version of Gram Parsons 'Return of the grevious angel'. It is so stuck in my head right now!
on 9 May 2013
I have been a fan of the crows since August and Everything, so I was always going to like this, but what I really enjoyed was reading the stories in the accompanying booklet that explain why the bands like the songs they cover and how the met or knew the bands. Hence, worth paying the extra to get the CD, just to read the back story.
on 2 January 2013
A great album from the Counting Crows which puts their own spin on various cover songs. Not a classic in the vein of August and Everything After but nevertheless a must for any serious Counting Crows fan.
on 11 May 2013
this is a wonderful product and i would truly recommend this to other people. Wonderful and thank you for a great delivery service!
on 20 April 2012
I'm a massive Crows fan and as such, was surprised to find that this album is full of cover versions. To be fair,the covers are very well done indeed and each track is interwoven with the hallmark Crows style and quality. The version of the classic Fairport 'Meet On The Ledge' is particularly special.
This is a very good album, but come on Crows, you can write your own stuff that would be even better!
on 14 April 2012
For those who've seen them live or heard previous bsides this is the LP many have waited an age for. This is the finest songwriting reworked by the finest band. It is a joy that will require multiple listens to ingest its nuances.
on 14 August 2014
I own all previous Counting Crows albums so bought this as it had reasonable reviews. PErsonally, I think this is a very disappointing album of middle of the road and in many cases very obscure cover songs. Very country-music based, lacks the usual Counting Crows edginess. Have heard a rumour of a new studio album due out in the Autumn and I only hope that it doesn't sound like this.

Disappointed of Middlesbrough, England.