Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now

Customer reviews

on 6 June 2012
Summary: He would endure a thousand deaths for her, but would she let him? Torn between two men that love her, Emma Townsend is forced to make choices no seventeen-year-old should ever be forced to make. With her friends at her side, Emma embarks on an adventure full of danger, deceit and betrayal as she tries to redeem Kai, the man who made the ultimate sacrifice for her. When Emma discovers that setting a Night Marcher free is no easy task, she is forced to make a very unlikely alliance. How far will Emma be willing to go to save Kai, and will she be able to do so before it's too late?
Redemption is the second book in the Night Marchers series.

Review
Firstly I loved the first Nightmarchers, so I was really looking forward to Redemption, Nightmarchers Book 2, I was hoping it would live up to the first, and it did, I loved it. Well done ladies, you did it again.
The story continues on from where we left Emma in Nightmarchers, where she has had to leave Kai, as a Nightmarcher, he swapped places with his evil twin Kao to protect Emma, the woman he loves, I loved Kai and got quite emotional when he swapped places, Emma was not sure of her feelings towards Kai or Tristan for that matter, at the end of Nightmarchers, but I had my favourite and it was Kai.
Anyway onto Redemption, Emma has a lot to deal with throughout this book, Tristan wants to be more than just friends, which puts Emma in a bit of a predicament as she still does not know who she prefers out of Tristan and Kai, and whether or not she could save Kai, she believes that she will eventually come up with something to save him, Evil Kao really wants immortality and believes the mana from the old chiefs bones will be the way to get it, he will do anything in his power to find them, which could put Emma and her friends in danger, then there is Kayley Emma's best friend who helps her out when she needs it the most but she does sometimes upset the applecart a-bit, being a teenage girl and not knowing the whole story, we have the Menehunes again in this book, although they are not in it much near the beginning, they are in it more towards the end of the book, but they are there for Emma and she is there for them, when they need it the most, So basically we have all the same characters, which is great as we do not have to worry about any back stories, we have many trials and tribulations, with many twists and turns that Emma has to go through to save Kai, She feels hugely responsible for his predicament as a Nightmarcher, she has to try and save Kai from his fate as a Nightmarcher, she then realises who she loves, which believe me I have been looking forward to for a while.
This book was as well written as the first, everything was the same it was just a continuous story which is just what I want for book 2, I got the ending I wanted so I am very happy, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has read the first.
on 25 March 2012
I was really disappointed by the cover of this. The cover of Night Marchers is beautiful and this would be too if they hadn't unnessarily stretched it out. It looks really unproffesional. That aside, the book is pretty damn good.

We start a day or too where we left off, with Emma being driven at breakneck speed down the road by her worried father, who promptly drops her off at the airport and sends her to Kaylee, Emma's best friend. Naturally Emma concocts a plan to secretly come back almost immediately after arriving and camps out in the jungle with Kaylee and Tristan.

I started to notice more things when I read this. I think some parts are written by Rebba Gober and other parts written by Courtney Nuckels (well, they are co-authors). The problem I have with this is that I believe (don't take this as fact) that one of them can well pretty damn well. However, the other Author... needs to brush up on her grammar some. I've seen everything from waist becoming waste to 'night and shining armor' in these books - but the spelling is just fine in other places.

The story is a bit shorter than the first book and I got through it in about 2 hours. Everything was wrapped up neatly with a pretty bow but I did feel as if there was something missing that I can't pinpoint. It was nice to meet Kao properly though and his character added a lot to the story.
on 15 February 2012
Firstly I'd just like to say a Mahusive congrats to the girl's Rebecca and Courtney on the sequel to Night Marchers. It took me literally 9 hours altogether to read Redemption. I "needed" another fix as soon as I was done with Night Marcher's #1 so I was uber excited when the girl's posted on their page asking for potential reviewers for the book. I jumped at the chance and I am soooo glad I did.
Emma faces the same battle in Redemption. She is torn between two people that has expressed their undying love for her. With the help of her friend's she tries to redeem Kai, after he sacrificed himself for her to the Night Marchers. How far will Emma be willing to go to save Kai, and will she be able to do so before it's too late?
As much as I absolutely adored Night Marchers, I have to say that Redemption was packing a whole lot of action. I was curling my toes in frustration and anger towards Kao and I was adamant to find out who Emma would end up falling in love with and I was 100% satisfied with who she chose.
I ended up talking about the book to my mother. Telling her about parts that I had just finished reading. Who Emma had chose. Who pissed me off. What made me giggle. She got a bit irritated because she had absolutely no idea what the hell I was talking about. :P
Again the character's are adorable. There are a few new character's and then less of some :( Which had me in puddles of tears. I was afraid to get my Ereader wet so I was equipped with a lot of kleenex :') The letter Eve reads at the end made me break down and sob like a four year old. But it was so beautifully done that I ended up smiling. Who wouldn't want a man like that in their life? Even if he did call you "Woman" :) Paul never fails to make me smile. I can picture him in my mind being all flirtsy (Not a word) and bashful :)
The ending was perfectly done. It was nice to see Emma not have anymore worries... for a while :) I also liked learning more about the legend of the Night Marchers. It was very interesting to find out that there was more to the wondering spirit warriors.
I was absolutely honoured to do this review for you ladies and I thank you for giving me the chance :)
I give this a 5*. And I would recommend to anyone that likes anything from action, drama and romance too.
on 5 May 2013
Fantastic FANTASTIC, not usualy my type of book, i got it free on kindle but had to pay for the other series.
I have to be honest this book is one of the best i ever read, i have been reading for thirty years!
The story line really draws you in, i felt as if i was actualy their and could picture my suroundings, a book i shall never forget.
on 3 June 2012
A brilliant sequel to night marchers. Emma is back & must save Kia, which means she must deal with the deadly Koa. She must also decide whom she loves Tristan or Kia. Even more action than the first book. Ecellently written and a great ending! Read it in one day, as it was unput-downable! Had me in tears near the end. A must read!!!
on 26 December 2013
The only reason I read this book was because Book 1 was free on Kindle, and I am glad that I did because I am now hooked on reading fantasy books. This book has brought out so many different emotions, love, trust, and devotion, sacrifice, caring and understand. It reduced me to tears in some parts. Definitely a must read
on 3 February 2013
Read this one even quicker than the first. Sat in the garage waiting for my car and had to put it down as the tears were streaming down my face. Read to the end when i got home. more please. A different setting to the usual book. loved it.
on 4 October 2014
Loved the way it just picks up more or less we're the last book finished but gives enough of a run through to get you up to speed if there is a next instalment I will definitely be buying it
on 29 August 2013
Excellent book gripped from start to finish. Couldn't put it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great story and characters from start to finish. Can't waitfor the next one
on 22 April 2013
I loved this I was so happy she chose the right boy in my opinion, I was completely gripped I couldn't put I down, definitely worth the read, and its just as good as the 1st!!!!