on 12 July 2017
We bought this machine just over two years ago and used it every two or three months. Now, like another reviewer, we cannot get the safety cap off. We have followed the manufacturer's instructions faithfully and used Kalstop. Now the machine and the comprehensive kit of accessories we bought will have to go to the tip. The manufacturer's sticker stating "Italian Quality" is appropriately ambiguous.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2015
Easy to fill and builds up a good head of steam quickly.

The trigger to release the steam is light to the touch so I am finding it easy to use with my arthriticy fingers.

The attachments leave a lot to be desired (as noted below). Also, I thought there would be more variety of basic brush attachments to buy separately. The attachments are expensive, e.g. the triangular head is £29.99 here on Amazon as is the lance. Three of the cooker brushes cost around £9.99 and the iron £35.99.

Comes with:
1. Two different sized squeegee heads - I could not get these to work properly.
2. Floor head (with clips to attach rags) - works well and the clips hold the rag well.
3. One (yes only one) cooker cleaner head - ok but a bit clumsy to use and more are needed if you want to use the cleaner for the bathroom; I don't know if you are supposed to but I have been putting the small head on its own (i.e. not the bit that clips onto the pipe) into the dishwasher as cooker deposits are very difficult to remove from the bristles.
4. One small upholstery brush - the bristles go round the edge only so a cloth sinks in the middle and does not pick up the dirt all that well; it could do with clips to hold rags rather that the elasticated sock which is too flimsy to pick up dirt well.

Attachments for purchase separately:
1. Steam lance (to get into tight corners).
2. Steam iron (to convert the steamer into a steam iron).
3. Replacement kitchen cooker heads in a set of three black or in a more expensive set of three colour coded.
4. Triangular head.
5. Steam sanitizer (£346.21 at the moment on Amazon).

I took one starr off because of the attachments although I think variety of attachments and expensive additional heads are complaints common to many steam cleaners.
on 31 October 2012
I bought this about 10 days ago to clean my new house which was manky and smelly... good test.
Only fill 1.3L in the tank
Pros:
P1: Excellent steam production - powerful
P2: Perfect for getting dirt/grime out of nooks and slits
P3: Great for deodourising carpets and floors
P4: Very easy to use
Cons:
C1: Squeegies do not work properly
C2: need to BUY more accessories
C3: only flimsy cloths included
C4: Does not lift grease/grime (kitchen) as well as we are led to believe
C5: Does not lift long term/stubborn stains in carpets very easily
Overall still a very good buy.
55 Comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2015
Purchased in February 2015, worked well until October 2015 when it refused to function. Followed manufacturers instructions and used kalstop. An operating life of just eight months is just not good enough. Polti need to get their act together.
on 18 December 2013
I bought mine just over a year ago from John Lewis to steam clean all areas of a house I was moving from.

Pros:
Heats up quickly enough (approx 10 mins)
Good sized water tank so lasts a good while
steam pressure variable
Floor tool big enough to securely fit a tea-towel so no need to buy special cloths
Great for cleaning bathrooms, hard floors, etc and leaves the air feeling clean too
Came with a steam iron (which I have yet to use)

Cons
Ok range of tools supplied, but squeegee doesn't work. Also found bristles on detail wand bent under the heat from steam once a bit of pressure was applied to cleaning a hob
No on-board storage for the cable or attachments (but did come with a bag which will accommodate the long bits you put together for the floor tool)
Not as good as advertised for 'old' grease

After a session of trying to degrease the oven with the machine, I managed to short out the cooker - guess the steam got into the electrics somehow. It was ok once it dried out ;)

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. Good results consistently, and no need to bleach everywhere. Picks up dirt you can't even see. Decent price considering the use it's had.
on 29 January 2013
We owned a previous Polti steam cleaner, and even now it never ceases to amaze us, these really are the bees knees in steam cleaning, excellent value for money, and a pleasure to work with. Thank You.
on 11 February 2013
We have tiles everywhere, in the house and outside. Cleaning marks off them was a tedious job until now. The machine heats up in about 10 minutes and supplies plenty of steam. It removes stains and dirt from the floor tiles. In fact the first time it was used, on what was thought to be a clean indoor floor we had a surprise! The amount of grime that was removed was amazing. The machine has aslo been used with the fittings for cleaning windows, cleaning the gas hob and cleaning the toilet with excellent results every time. A very satisfactory purchase and well worth the cost.
on 6 September 2012
I love this steam cleaner, really easy to put together, cleans really well. you can easily change the steam output.
I use a small funnel to put the water in as it makes it easier to fill rather than just the container provided on it's own as alittle awkward to fill without spilling onto the machine.
I use Kalstop as I live in a hard water area to save ruining the machine with limescale buildup and have found any large micro fibre cloths with this machine clean my floor well. I use different colours for different areas of my home.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
Great excellent, enjoy using it, great for cleaning all areas of the house, bathroom, kitchen, lounge, curtains, carpets and even stone floors.
on 5 April 2013
I have this steam cleaner which I bought elsewhere as Amazon did not sell this one at the time. It is fantastic!! I love it for cleaning and disinfecting my bathroom and kitchen. I know things are really clean after using this! And it really cleans my laminate flooring well too. It does leave it a wee bit damp for a couple of mins, but no heavy dirty buckets of water to lug around doing floors, and you could eat your dinner off it! It will not remove years of baked on grease, but does tackle recent dirt from ovens fairly well with the wee hard round brush. And I love doing my windows now, so quick, easy and streak free. Just spray window with steam and wipe dry with a microfibre cloth (or use window attachment).Crystal clear! I think my windows are cleaner than with chemical window cleaners which leave a residue. Does outsides too which saves me paying a window cleaner. Clean and disinfect fridges, worktops, tables etc, the list goes on and on, and so quickly too. I would not be without this now. Fantastic product and very well made too. (oh and very addictive too, you will look for things to clean!)