Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.03

on 8 December 2012
This was compelling reading with a multi-layered story unfolding at just the right pace. It contained elements of mystery, passion and life choices. The conclusion was quite haunting. I would defintely recommend it.
on 8 December 2012
Promised well initially but disappointed in the unfolding - difficult to empathise with main character & ultimately unconvincing generally, particularly in terms of motivation of those involved.
on 8 December 2012
The plot was engaging initially but the ending didn't ring true for me - too many loose ends. The main protagonist - the Doctor's wife needed to be more sympathetic to engage me.
on 15 January 2013
Not quite finished it yet - but really enjoying it. I think we can all see ourselves or someone we know in the characters and can empathise with them
on 8 December 2012
This is a touching story of a woman, who married for the wrong reasons, and has been just going on with her life. Her husband, the good doctor is not easy to live with. You can understand why she falls in love with a much younger man. She has an affair and decides to leave her husband and son. And yet when she realises the implication of her decision, she makes a complete break.
However you cannot help feeling that the author is a little impersonal eg. Sheila is Mrs.Redden, her brother Dr. Deane.
on 26 November 2012
Rip-roaring yarn & a real page-turner but Brian Moore should realise that less is more when it comes to writing about sex.
on 19 January 2013
I've pretty well given up with this, which is rare for me. From the first page, which is not well-written, I've struggled to engage with the book; I don't find the scenario believable and the sex scenes have now turned me right off. I have plenty more books waiting to be read so I'm not going to waste any more time with this one.
on 27 December 2012
I Just loved this book, the way she handled he husband was right I felt very sorry for her son. She could have explained more to him.
But why leave the boyfriend ??
It left me undecided what I would do if it were me.
on 13 November 2012
I did enjoy this book but echo completely other reviewers comments.
I found myself skimming some sections but found it very interesting on a social level and how the world has changed.
on 8 December 2012
I'm not sure why but I enjoyed this book more than I expected although the character of the young lover was not very convincing. He seemed to have unlimited time and money.