1,921

on 11 May 2011
This seller should clearly not be supported by Amazon, unless they do not care too much about their reputation. The product is a cheap knock-off, not only is the mic not working on 2 out of 4 earphones I ordered, it is not even the model as shown in the pictures and advertised (no volume control!!), the rubber cable covering was ripped on one of the earphones and it has stopped working properly since, after 3 days use. Stay away from this seller!

If you have had similar experiences (and you probably will have, unless you are employed by the seller in order to provide positive reviews), please like this review and keep it on top, as a warning for other buyers, so they don't fall in this trap. thanks.
66 comments| 310 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2012
Just a word of warning to potential purchasers, just received my earphones which were label's as "GENIUNE Apple Headphones". Sadly, it is quite clear before even plugging them in and checking out the sound quality that they are definitely NOT genuine apple products.

1 - The rubber material around the outside of each earphone rim that is supposed to cushion the rim against your ear is in actual fact not rubber, but solid plastic (like in genuine sets).

2 - The cable tidy that slides down the two earphones cables does not fit flush against the base (like in genuine sets).

3 - The remote is noticeably a lower quality level of plastic when compared to official sets and uses a different shade of grey.

4 - Upon pluging in the earphones and listening for a few seconds, the audio quality is very tinny, a distinct lack of base when compared to genuine sets.

So, at the end of the day, these earphones still let you listen to your music, however they are significantly inferior to official apple headphones.
77 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2011
People have been unable to hear to me since using the speakerphones and at first I thought it was my phone. The inner ear piece has fallen out numerous times. It's just a cheap poor imitation and now will have to buy a proper pair. Be warned..
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2011
The item was returned for a refund because one of the earphones did not work. An original Apple iPhone Headphone was bought instead.
on 21 June 2011
I have bought numerous headphones from different sellers. This one is by far the worst I have ever used. I used the product once and afterwards, one headphone stopped working all together and the second's casing came apart. Also the volume control buttons didnt respond. DO NOT buy this product.
on 18 June 2012
Tragic option.I saw that something did not work properly from the first minute i put them on my phone.Right after third time i tried to listen some tracks,I put them in the rubbish bin. Completely useless. You must be ashamed of that product.
on 20 June 2012
"I opened them, plugged them in and they didn't work. I knew buying cheap would not pay off for me. I have now sent them back and waiting for a full refund. I will return at a later date to give my final opinion on this dreadful product. "

My follow up on this situation: I received another pair of headphones promptly. I can hear music when I play it but when I use the headphones for phone calls people on the other side of the line can't hear me. So my final verdict is that the customer service was very good but the product (headphones) still aren't quite up to scratch.

Three days later and they've stopped working completely. Did I do something wrong in a previous life!!!!!
on 8 March 2009
Bought these for my ipod but only found out once i'd got them that they don't work with all ipods, i.e. the controls and mic bit. They are however, supported on ipod classic, but not the 80GB (the one I have) but are supported for the 120G classic. They are supported on ipod touch, and the iphone but there is no mention of support for other models. Hope that helps.

Can't review the functionality of the microphone, or the controls as wouldn't work on mine, but the sound quality is exactly the same as the standard plugs that come with the ipod and are the same shape when fitting inside your ear.

My own fault that they weren't compatible as I should have read a bit more about it before purchasing. Just giving others the heads up as I don't think it's particularly clear or obvious that the 80GB classic is not supported.
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2011
Looks and feels like genuine Apple product but clearly isn't. Volume control didn't work, straight out of the packet. Inexpensive but you get what you pay for.
on 1 August 2012
Definitely not official iPhone headphones. People are saying they sound great, the ones I have certainly don't. Furthermore, my left earphone is cracked and I can pull it apart. If I didn't need a cheap set desperately for my holiday in a couple of days I'd send them back! Will be odering a pair from Apple when I return.