on 14 September 2017
It's light and has quite a good sound to it. It's flexibility makes it surprisingly durable. Only the ear muffs fell apart after a year. However, with a bit of cloth and string did I make myself new ones and now it just keeps on going. My past headsets from other makers kept dying on me after only 1-2 years (breaking cables and breaking plastic), but this one is going strong for four years now. Except for the ear muffs is this a solid product.
on 8 September 2014
I recently bought a set of these to use with an online language programme. They are lightweight and fit comfortably on my head. The headband has a good range of adjustment so should suit most people. The design is of an "Over the ear" style meaning the foam ear pads sit on the outside of your ears, not every one likes this style but personally I find them comfortable even with quite long sessions. Being over the ear and open backed means that if you have the volume cranked up, people near you will hear what you are listening to. The microphone arm can be swung up next to the head band if the mic is not needed. There is long and supple connecting wire which terminates in two colour coded 1/8" (3.5mm) connecters, one each for stereo sound and microphone. The wire appears moulded onto the earpieces so I don't think that they are easily replaceable. Quality of sound reproduction is surprisingly quite good, and although I bought these mainly for listening to and reproducing speech they do quite a fine job with music. The sound is quite well detailed with a leaning towards being a little base heavy but the mid range detail is really very good for the price. The microphone is claimed to have a noise cancelling facility, (from what I can interpret this is the passive variety as opposed to an active powered noise cancelling system) I would say that it works adequately well as my language programme and Skype understand what I say most of the time. From the description I thought that the listening side has noise cancelling also, but after testing and carefully re-reading the description this is not the case.
Overall the sound quality and construction for a desk/lap top set of headphones is good, I wouldn't recommend them for travelling as they won't stand up to the abuse, but for home use I consider them excellent value for money.
on 22 January 2016
I have gone through a few headsets in my time, finding out that the weak spot tends to be the cononection of the mouthpiece to the headset, and they break. So when the last one went the same way, I spent a while researching headsets and settled on this one. The Sennheiser PC31 II Overhead Binaural VoIP On-Ear Headset seemed from the pictures to have a design that looked sturdy, so I went for it.

When it turned up, I was not disappointed. It is well built, light and the connection of the mouthpiece is strong. The sound is clear, and it is comfortable to use. I like it very much
on 9 December 2013
Sound is fine, including for music (though a bit noisy for anyone else in the room). Can be uncomfortable if worn for extended periods of time.
on 3 January 2013
I am very impressed with the Sennheiser sound quality, I find the headset has a good bass and very good quality for all my music. The microphone has never been an issue for me and I'm able to use it happily on Skype or gaming without any complaints and I like the rotating beam - it tucks happily out the way when I'm only listening to music. The wires are very long but then I keep most of mine tucked out the way so again never an issue for me. The headset at first feels a little weak but it seems to me very durable and hopefully reliable. Overall I think the headset is excellent for for the price and I've been very pleased.
on 4 March 2014
Usual Sennheiser good quality sound. Mic seems to give good clarity to your voice. Ear pads are comfortable, but can get a bit itchy after a while.
on 19 May 2014
As advertised, they are indeed very light which allow for extended usage. I now realise how annoying it is to have a cable come out of each side, best to buy headphones with a single cable. The cables do not feel like they will last long, they are a but thin. Sound quality is OK and the use of the headset (mic) is also OK.
on 23 December 2013
Light and work a treat, NOT USB connection but separate 3.5mm plugs for headphone and mic. Good audio for music too.
on 6 May 2013
Bought this for the Internet and Skype. Sound quality is good and I am told that the voice received is clear.
on 6 April 2013
such a good set for a very reasonable price. My only problem is that they don't pack up too well, they are not easy to keep safe in my laptop bag. But that is a small problem and one that should not put you off buying them. Excellent quality and very clear sound on all levels.