on 10 February 2014
I have now had 4 of these radios, as they have all proved faulty with hideous DAB Radio reception and that is when they actually tune into a station a lot of the time they don't even find most of the stations. I persevered as this product seemed ideally suited to my requirements however don't bother because they are rubbish
88 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 October 2016
Bought this as a music station for the kitchen and its fits the bill. Finds all the DAB stations I would expect and the sound, once connected, is good although the volume control is not that subtle - lowest setting is still actually quite loud. Connection to the internet was not that easy and once connected I could not find a way to preset the internet stations. Irritating, but that was not the main reason for buying this radio so I am not too concerned. IPod docking facility is good and works really well, though this model has the older style Apple connector (the wider one) so any newer devices would likely need an adaptor, though this is not an issue for me. The retro look really fits in nicely. What is annoying is that there is no remote control facility. But the biggest downside has to be the display and user interface, which are both little short of appalling. Very difficult to read and even more so to try and navigate. Overall, I think this could have been a very good product had it not been for these issues. If you are after a straightforward DAB/IPod dock that sounds good then this will probably do the trick, but anyone wanting extended functionality will likely be disappointed.
on 16 February 2017
Been a bit of a nightmare really from the start. This radio was awkward to tune, I-pod dock was fiddly and the reception was never great compared to my old analogue radio that had been in the same position. For no reason the power would fail, wouldn't turn on, nothing! Then after a couple of days it would work again for a while, then die.
I contacted View Quest who said it was the power cable and they'd send me a new one. After many emails and three months later, it arrived. The radio worked but the volume controls didn't work at all and it no longer recognised my I-pod. Yesterday it died again.
Off to buy a new radio...
on 3 November 2017
Well made product, but difficult to tune in and instructions not very clear.
on 28 September 2017
Very good
on 25 October 2014
I do like the look of this radio and the build quality looks and feels good. There is good weight to the radio as well. It connects well to my sky broadband so do not be put off by the earlier review. However, it did lose the connection once which I sorted by going into the settings and selecting my router. Luckily I did not have to enter my password again as it was already saved in the radio.

The sound is bass light but clear and crisp. I am am slightly disappointing with the sound due to the lack of bass and also because there is no headphone output. Had there been, I would have fed the sound through a cable into my bose system (to get more bass).

The ipod dock works well but will not work with older ipods (4th gen I think) because they are too fat to go in the socket.

Internet radio is good. I have no problem in understanding the menus for this and there is a fantastic choice of stations and music types.

Bought it for internet radio so have not really tried DAB, FM or aux input.

Overall it is a acceptable for the amount I paid. Ref sound quality, my Roberts and Bush Retro DAB Radio - Cream have better sound but no wi-fi.
on 6 June 2017
iPhone app doesn't work
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Great for outdoor listening anywhere in the world
on 18 July 2016
This was so awful to use, that after a few weeks I gave it away. The tiny display and ridiculous controls are a nightmare to try and use. If it's your intention to set a couple of radio stations and never vary from them, you may find it acceptable. But if you want to use the many facilities that are advertised, just forget it.
on 25 November 2015
Please remember you need the internet in your house to use this radio.....so if your internet goes down so will the DAB on the radio. Quite complicated to set up, but once set up lots of stations to choose from. My Ipod plays, but does not fast forward, so just have to press play and leave it on, I think it depends what generation ipod you have. No remote control, but I suppose that's why its the price it is...Overall once set up its a nice clear sound and looks stylish.....would I buy again? ...no I think I would pay a bit extra and get one with a remote an not an internet one.