on 10 April 2014
When i got the collector's edition in my hands i just couldn't believe it could be so good!

The box is amazing and so are the contents. The game had many flaws at the beginning, but it keeps getting better and better especially now that Reaper of Souls is out.

Diablo is still among the best games ever!
my son has played with game, since he got it and is still playing on it
pc games are truly awesome in their complexity and involvement
this theme on this game is staggering and all absorbing
on 17 August 2015
Good quality CE edition but for its price I would expect no less. The game itself is a shadow of both its predecessors. Better looking but not as good and, on top of it, it has an useless always-online mode.
on 20 June 2012
BE AWARE: 2 stars beacause to buy the CE now you must spend a ridiculous amount of money, otherwise it would be 3. Since there are tons of CE circulating (and yeah, many of them are in the hand of scalpers), 150£ and over are an absolute overkill.

So, I bought my copy of D3 CE on eBay, after Amazon.co.uk kindly marked my preorder as "Undeliverable" (after hundreds of orders placed with no problem) forcing me to spending quite a lot of money. But hey, "I'm a Diablo 2 fan, sometimes money does not count" I said to myself.
It's impossible for me to count the hours I spent playin' Diablo 2 and LoD (and not mentioning the first Dablo). I think I'm probably in the range of two or three thousand of hours, since just the last year I spent about 4/500 hours at least on D2 + LoD, so believe me if I say that I know the series very well.
I was full of expectations for Diablo 3 but unfortunately this just a big disappointment and not because of error 37 (which was an issue of the first days after the release, when million of players tried to connect to the Blizzard servers at once).
No guys, this game has something wrong in it: technically it's only just good enough, especially the graphics wich has some ups and many downs: low poly count, some orrible textures and an overall WOWization of the settings that many people surely would not appreciate. Forget about the dark, sick and gloomy settings of D2.
The worst things however is the completely nerfed gameplay (not difficulty: gameplay): it's all equip oriented now, no more free stats (they are placed automatically every level gained), no more skill tree (again, you are awarded with powers and runes automatically every level gained, like stats), no light radius, simplified stash and other things that you will notice if you have played D2 for a while.
Truth is, as I said in the title, this is not a game built for fun. This is the next Blizzard money machine thanks to the RMAH but if you want to gain some real money you'll have to farm for many, many, many, many hours, especially after patch 1.0.3.

Probably you'll not believe me: I suggest you to go to the Blizzard D3 forums then or, better, install Diablo 2 + LOD wich are included in the CE (If you manage to find one new at an affordable price, WHICH IS ABOUT 100£, NOT 150 OR MORE, YOU SCALPERS! There are tons of CE around, it's not an USA mint copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga!). You'll see for yourself. An expansion will probably follow as Lv 60 cap is too low now and there are some plots ot the (really poor) story than needs to be expanded (Adria?).
Diablo 3 isn't a bad game. Unfortunately it isn't a masterpiece either. Every time I look at my expensive CE on the shelf I think about the mistake I made. All I can tell you now is avoid this game unless you find it at a good price (not the case of the CE) or pray for Torchlight 2 to be out soon...

P.S: do not buy the D3 strategy guide, it's already obsolete...

P.P.S: You still do not believe me, right? Well, Blizzard itself has admitted that the "endgame isn't sustainable"...
on 21 May 2012
Well if you're reading this then I take it you've at least played Diablo and I will tell you that you have got to play D3 the game is fantastic there is lots more to interact with there are plenty more wpns,armour,spells,ruins,quests and chars in the game there's so much more than D2 that really there's to much to list as a D&D game it will fill you're game play time for many an hour as there are just so many little quests you can do though there are a lot of sub quests you can of course just go straight to the big bosses quite quickly should you choose this path in fact I believe the quickest the game was completed and by this I mean the main quests not the sub quests was by a European person in 11 hrs after launch I personally have been playing for over 57 hrs now completing every sub quest I can find and I'm just coming to the 1/2 way point in the 3rd act so as a game I fully recommend it.

Now the CE pack this I feel is not of value I was very happy to receive the pack it's a big box that looks very impressive but it's not until you open it up and see what you've paid for do you realize you're not really getting good value for money.
The skull I was looking forward to displaying is actually about the size of my palm and looks naff it's made of a compressed rubber not pewter and has just a cheap feel to it.
The soul stone USB with D2+LOD on it is laughable it's just bigger than a matchstick chilli and when put in place in the skull it looks ridiculous.
Also in the pack you get a few guest passes I got all WOW guest passes which really are a waste as you can get these passes for free when you down load WOW it allows you now to play to lvl 20 which is what these passes allow too I was told that for some strange reason Blizzard divided the CE packs in 1/2 one 1/2 got WOW passes the other 1/2 got D3 passes how true this is I'm unsure.
Also in the box you get a music CD with the score from the game which does sound quite good but it's not some thing you're gonna listen too all the time once is enough.
You also get a Blu-ray about the behind the scenes of the making of D3 mehhh if you're interested in it I suppose it will entertain you for an hour or so.
You also get a hard cover book of the art work which is quite nice to look at.

but to be very blunt it's just not worth the money buy the game yes I recommend you do so but as for the CE pack do not waste you're money I wish I had not.

Please excuse the lack of grammar,punctuation and spelling I'm extremely dyslexic.
on 17 December 2012
The best just keeps getting better! I can't say the collector's edition is worth the extra money though... the two dyes you get are permanent, as in you don't use up the dye pot but rather it has unlimited uses; however, the white and black dyes you can purchase in the game at higher levels are nicer as in the white is whiter and the black is blacker than the collector's edition dyes which makes them obsolete very early on.
As for the angel wings, they are a fun cosmetic but again there is the draw-back in that you have to equip them every time you log in or die... for the extra money they could have been a cosmetic that is either on or not on via an option I can click in the options menu.... so basically you have three inventory slots taken up with these items which actually puts you at a loss rather compared to the regular edition of the game rather than at a benefit.
All three items could be fixed in a patch to be on the options menu or there could be a special collector's edition tab on the inventory for only these items.
Still the game itself is alot of fun and I recommend it to anyone of age to play it.
on 31 December 2012
bought this for my son, he likes games like this, he has really enjoyed playing this and we got it for a good price because not long after i purchased it, the price doubled so well worth it and a very nice presentation box which is very big
on 19 March 2013
FREAKING AMAZING! Definitely advise buying all the Blizzard games! lots of people upset with Diablo 3 but I don't see why, it has a great story, a very sad moment in there.... T_T

...*sniffles* .... Right! back to stuff, Arrived in great time and in great condition!
on 16 May 2012
(This review was done in the 1st week of release, now the game is what the above say...)

It's been a long wait and it was worth it, I planned to do the review after played the game and checked all the contents inside the Collector's Edition.

To start it off let us talk about the Collector's Edition.

I received the Product on the 14th a day early so I could gear up before the 12am GMT launch, immediately i could see the casing was done with a lot of thought, detailed and sturdy box unlike many collector's editions i have bought in the past. The contents inside are placed very nicely and easy to take out.

The Art of Diablo - This is the art book I was really looking forward to and was I impressed the hardback cover had engraved designs and holographic images when under light. Each page was filled with beautiful drawings, information on the game, each character classes and design progress. This alone made this the best collector's edition.

4GB USB Soul Stone - Many fans were looking forward to this, the demon skull and the soul stone USB comes inside a very nice case with foam inside so it doesn't come damaged. The Diablo Skull I think that is what it is called is so detailed and feels like a finished product; however it's smaller than I thought it is approximately the size of a medium sized palm. Regardless the model is amazing and along with 4GB USB already containing Diablo II and the Expansion pack! (The USB lights up red when it is being used)

Diablo Soundtrack - 24 Original soundtracks from the game, it is simply blissful to listen to.

Behind the Scenes - This comes in DVD and Blu-Ray, So if don't have a Blu-ray player the DVD will do the job, it something extra to see how the game was developed and the hard work that went behind it all.

The Game! - Probably the Actual thing we really bought this for, it comes in a standard DVD case and installed fairly quickly and easily (while installing the game informs you about the stories before Diablo 3). For those who tried to play at launch had problems but this was inevitable, millions of people trying to log in. After a million attempts I managed to get in, and straight away the music the game just felt right, and a fan of Diablo 1 and 2 this game was still loyal to its predecessors.

The graphics are really nice and very detailed every cave and location you go, the character classes both have male and females and individual story. The collector's edition has an extra feature, when you complete an act or cinematic sequence you can re-watch it on main menu for all classes.

The music and sound effects stand out a lot, each spell, attack and movement is unique along with the music and pretty good voice acting makes it a game you could sit and just listen to.

Another thing that collector's edition gives is some extra content in the game, firstly you won't notice the benefits but you realise it's quite beneficial.
1: You get an exclusive Sigil for your banner so you can show it off.
2: you get 2 dyes a black and white, this may seem pointless but this saves a lot of money early in the game so you can dye you outfits to 1 colour.
3: Angel Wings, this has absolutely no benefits except looking pretty bad ass.

I am not sure if there are any more exclusive items which I haven't mentioned, but all in all the game is extremely fun especially with a friend even if they are higher levels the game world adjusts itself and also allows you friends of higher level to gift you items.
The real world auction house is temporally closed, but the in game one is fun to use if you need that awesome rare item or wish to sell one that has no benefit to you.
The game acts don't last long (aprrox 5-6 hours if you play strictly story) but with all the extra side quest the life span is quite long added with you playing with the other 4 classes when done add replay value. Also the game connects to all your heroes so it allows you to move items and share money.

This Review is dragging along, to SUM it up it is worth buying the collector's edition!

10/10 Game and product!
44 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2012
I played a lot of Diablo 2 when it came out, it's one of my favourite PC games of all time. Playing it again recently, certain flaws stood out like how while it's still addictive to grind for loot, and while it's cool to see a special enemy and eagerly kick the crap out of it in the hope of something special dropping, the actual fighting - the combat system - is kind of flat and repetitive. Diablo 3 keeps the things that Diablo 2 did right, but has made the combat incredibly satisfying, varied and meaty. There's a huge amount of ways to use each skill in conjunction with others - like using the Monk's dash-attack skill to run between enemy groups to keep your combo count going (which bags you more XP).

It may seem to Diablo 2 veterans that removing skills trees and the ability to level up individual skills would remove depth, but it's quite the opposite. Rather than putting 1 point into skills just to move along the skill tree to the good skills, you now get useful skills straight away that steadily become upgradeable in specific and fun ways. It's not usually just "X skill now does 10 more damage" like in Diablo 2, the very way in which the skill works is different. Your kick is now a fire kick, your summoned spiders can now leap around onto distant enemies, your poison darts now shoot 3 times quickly but don't do sustained poison damage any more.

Each class has unique quests and many specific cutscenes throughout the story (there's one for each gender of the five classes). There's a really adsorbing and atmospheric feel to the game, helped by the fantastic music which is a trademark of the series. The sound effects add a lot as you crack open old logs, beat enemies so hard they fall to pieces and open chests that splurge out loot all over the place like a bulimic girl who's just eaten a bucket of chocolate coins. Diablo 2 did all this as well, but Diablo 3 takes it further and improves on it. Everything about it is just so moreish, the achievements mean there's always something to aim for on top of getting better loot, levelling up, crafting items, doing quests and figuring out the perfect build. There's always something popping up and telling you how amazing that thing you just did was, or how you've accomplished something new or have a cool new skill to try out.

I couldn't recommend it more. Whether you play for the story, for the atmosphere, for the challenge (i.e. Inferno on Hardcore), for the co-op with friends, for the fun of figuring out great builds or just for the jangly music and chunky sound effects, you won't be disappointed. And this is before any patches and additional content, like Diablo 2 had with Lord of Destruction.

See one answered question