Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 March 2013
Already had this cd but after taking my daughter to see Paloma Faith live she was blown away by the performance so she took my cd so naturally I had to order it again for me!!Paloma is a beautiful,brilliant artist her voice is amazing this cd is well worth the money.If you crave proper music & proper songs with feelings this is the one to get you won't be dissapointed!!
on 28 May 2012
I was really looking forward to this new Paloma Faith album. Sadly, however, on my first listen I was filled with disappointment. The album is, in my opinion, cliched, repetitive and boring. The songs seem generic like a hundred other things I've heard before. The whole thing is uninspiring and lacking the instant charm and appeal of Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful, which is actually one of my favourite albums. Perhaps it seems somewhat unfair to write this review when I've only listened to the album once as some music takes time to grow on the listener. The fact is though that I really wouldn't want this to grow on me. It would be like a horrible fungal infection rotting my brain. I think Paloma gave in to the pressures of the record company and delivered the "product" they guided her into making.

"Agony" started out okay but the chorus sounded like a partial rip off from a Blondie song. A few of the other songs sounded as if they could have been something good if she'd been allowed to take them in a slightly different direction. I think she was reigned in and the whole thing is overly controlled and superficial. Even her vocals lack the character and quality of the previous album. Her writing partners are probably largely to blame for this.

Sorry for being a voice of dissent but "Fall To Grace" isn't for me. The only positive is the album artwork, which is quite beautiful.
99 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2013
This CD came out last year - but after endlessly listening to her songs on Youtube, i decided to actually purchase her CD. She is so unique, and love her style of music and singing.

Plus - The delivery was SO MUCH FASTER than advertised. I got it for free - the next day!! Very pleased. Thank you
on 20 June 2014
as always, a stellar album. Some of the more disco-like songs aren't quite to my taste, but her INX cover, 'Tear Us Apart', is truly breath-taking with soaring melodies and Paloma's unique tonal range. I highly recommend this to any Paloma Faith fan.
on 30 October 2012
Paloma Faiths first album was, in my opinion, a masterpiece, so it was with trepidation that I bought her second, worrying that she may suffer from "difficult 2nd album" syndrome.
I needn't have worried.
This offering is more mature and personal.
A great listen.
And if you can, buy the deluxe edition. The acoustic tracks are great!
on 16 March 2013
Such a distinctive voice, I bought this used from Amazon and although not every song instantly grabs you, that's not always a bad thing as the tracks can grow on you.
My wife thinks that if you non-stop listen then her voice can wear you out, which is another viewpoint.

I like it so that's good enough for my money.
on 1 June 2012
I thought it was completely boring at first, but I now cannot stop listen to it! She has such a distinctive voice, the songs are beautiful and you definitively need to listen a few times before you start feeling them. She's like a cross between Amy Winehouse, Lana Del Rey and Emeli Sande - in a good way!
on 26 February 2013
not to discredit her first record for it to was very good but her lyrics really come into there own on this album.
really enjoy her one of a kind voice and dress sence as well that just adds to her music appeal.
love the cover art for this also.
on 18 July 2013
I loved her first album, but I was rather disappointed with this offering. It was too one paced and I only enjoyed 3 of the 12 songs. Next time I will try b4 I buy! Well packed, prompt dispatch etc etc so no problem with the seller.
on 4 June 2012
I've just listened to the album for the second time - as soon as it finished first time round, it was straight back to listen to the start to listen to her voice.

And what a voice - so powerful and full of emotion and expression!

But what of the album? Well, if I were to give an initial rating, I would give it 3 stars, 4 at a push. This is exactly how I would have rated her first album had I written a review for it then. However, I also know that Paloma's music has a "growing" effect on me. First time I heard Picking Up the Pieces on the radio, I thought "meh". Today, I love it. So instead of rating it on what I think of it now, I'm rating it with how I'm certain I will feel about the music by the end of the week.

As with her first album, this is full of angst and sorrow, but sung so sweetly. For example, the song Just Be washes over you like fresh linen as you are hushed to sleep.

I think my only gripe I have with this album is the song Black and Blue. It's not Paloma's fault though; she is singing about all manner of serious issues that people are facing - eviction, gambling addiction, and other matters. The problem is that having heard Ralph McTell's powerful song Streets of London, everything other song of its type pales in comparison. I can't think of anyone else who could compose a song like that and do it justice, although The Specials and their Ghost Town does come close.

But that gripe aside, the long overdue second album of Paloma was well worth the wait, and hopefully it will give her the success she so rightfully deserves.