on 5 January 2013
Knowing this book was Part 2 of 4 my decision to buy this book was based on a few things, did I enjoy Part 1 (Ohhhh yes!!), again does the author fit my criteria of book cost aganist book length (big yes on that one) and finally was I willing to buy the rest of the series (again yes)

If you liked the first book you will not be disappointed, a great read and it was great to read how the characters develop from the first book.

This author is now on my trusted list that I look out for new books from!!

Phil UK
on 31 May 2014
This is a book I had great trouble in putting down and it will be re-read several times!

It does highlight how a company with a monopoly on electronic components could reek havoc in the modern world.
It reminds me of the theory of the "Millennium Bug" that was publicised in 1999. You could imagine on the !st January 2000 someone getting into his top of the range Ferrari and going nowhere while his neighbour drove off in his 1958 Morris Minor.

Let's hope it never happens!
on 28 January 2014
The initial story was/is quite plausible in book 1. This obviously leads onto several other good stories which again make good reading . As you get further into it with the build up of the different characters it is turning out to be a good read but not outstanding.
on 3 June 2013
I enjoyed this book, its a good read. I read the first book in the series and immediately downloaded this one. Its a good story following a group of Americans after a world wide melt down of micro chips. There are some grammatical errors and its best read without being too critical of some of the story line. A good yarn.
on 1 August 2014
It started of well, dovetailing with 'book 1' but half way through the book credibility began to fall apart. Being an ex military man there were some alarming stretches of the imagination, e.g. aircraft flying continuosly without major overhalls of engines and airframes (aircraft can only fly for so long); The suicidal mission undertaken by the miltary supremo would never have been undertaken by him but by one opf his subordinates as he would have been too valuable to loose if things went wrong, especially as he had all the plans in his head. There were a number of other glaring inconsistancies in detail. All in all I don't think that I shall be reading the final two books of this saga.
on 2 July 2013
This book follows on from the Initial story (no spoilers here just in case). It sets out some of the whys and answers certain questions about how the whole series starts. As a follow-on book it is superb. Yes there are certain issues with proof-reading (which to be fair I have found in most of my kindle purchases) and there are always going to be parts of the story which people have issues with (levels of details for example), but I challenge any readers to write their own story without others giving criticism. Any critics need to be constructive and not just say "I did not like this bit".

All in all this is a series (and this particular book itself) which has kept me entertained for a good few hours whilst travelling.

Would certainly be recommended by me.
on 20 April 2015
Loved the first book, but got really tired of the authors style, don't get me wrong, it's a great story line but he just continuously goes over the same ground with such hyper descriptions in the end I just gave up, a real pity as I loved the basis of the story.
on 18 June 2014
Providing you accept the basic premise, that electronic components made in China suddenly stopped working all over the world, then this series of books is very readable. It progresses through the various senario's in a logical and well written way. The characters are well drawn and believable. The battle scenes are very well written. All in all a great series of books.
on 13 February 2014
Wow what a read. This gave me a few late nights, I just couldn't put it down. It's Clive Cussler with wings on steroids! So much action makes Hollywood movie boring.
If you love your action packed novels then you will not find one more chock full.
on 13 March 2015
Still an enjoyable read, if getting slightly gun ho and predictable. War would never go to plan for either side. Still I do like the concept and story line. Looking forward to reading the next installment.