on 17 April 2012
Bought this for the kitchen and mounted on the wall with Cantilever LCD Monitor TV Arm Bracket Wall Mount with Swivel and Tilt. Excellent picture quality and lovely slim TV. However, as I gather with all these super slim TVs, the sound is very tinny. Have resolved this by connecting some cheap PC speakers I happened to have to the headphone output of the TV (though these need their own power and somewhere to sit, which somewhat defeats the neatness of wall mounting of the actual TV). The sound is now amazingly good even with cheap speakers and the volume of the speakers can still be controlled via the remote control.
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2012
Bought this to go into a kitchen. Was worried about getting decent reception on an internal booster ariel but after tuning in using the main roof ariel there is no noticeable difference in picture between the two! Crystal clear! Looks great and takes up no space at all! Only moan would be that the sound can be a bit tinny when you have the volume up quite high. To be expected from such a small set though. Would heartily recommend - great value for money!
on 31 May 2012
looked around for a while for tv's and when for this really pleased with the this tv does everything that you need and has a good picture as well and really handy having the usb for watching films and looking at picture.
on 9 November 2012
I reviewed several different TV's prior to purchasing and settled on the Toshiba. LED picture quality is excellent even without HD, the sound is quite acceptable despite negative comments in this area by other reviewers. Very easy to set up and looks very smart and stylish. Would have been nice to have an on/off switch but that isn't really that important. Very satisfied with my purchase and pleased I didn't opt for slightly cheaper alternatives
on 10 July 2012
OK so if you want 'booming' sound with lots of bass you aren't going to get it from this little TV but if you want a great picture, easy set up and excellent value for money then look no further. I plugged it in to aerial and power, switched on, selected a couple of regional options and off it went searching for signals returning within minutes. I bought it for the kitchen and have not been disappointed as it has a great clear picture and is easy to use. HDMI's if you really want them plus one scart and a USB slot on the side so you can put pictures up on the screen. The only very minor point I would make (which wouldn't stop me from buying it again) is that the remote seems rather large for a small TV. I could have done with something a little less obtrusive as it is 9" x 2" but as I say this is a minor point. All in all great value for money at £109 delivered although I see price has gone up a little since I purchased it.
on 26 September 2012
Wanted a quality TV to replace a cheap 19inch TV that was originally in the bedroom. This one does not disappoint. Very clear picture quality and sound is good for its size too. EPG is a lot lot faster to come up than the previous TV.
Upsides:
1. Excellent picture and sound quality.
2. Very slim design
3. Big button remote control!
4. No transformer block on power lead
Minor downsides:
1. No standby/off button on TV, so needs to be switched off using remote.
2. Has a USB port that displays photos and videos but I could never get it to play the videos; so gave up trying.
on 5 July 2012
This was an updated replacement model from Amazon for a returned 19BV501B which I found had tuning problems and although I had a new aerial system would constantly display a message "no digital signal available" on some channels. Several other spare and borrowed sets worked perfectly when substituted. Toshiba denied having any ongoing issues with this model and basically dismissed what I was telling them.

Now we come onto the 19BL502B replacement! THIS HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AS THE PREVIOUS MODEL! Amazon were brilliant, and as I didn't fancy trying a third Toshiba I returned the second dodgy set and ordered the equivalent (and more expensive) Panasonic. This is now working brilliantly (using the same aerial circuit that wasn't good enough for the Toshiba, and which is only 12 miles from the transmitter) and I shall be giving this an appropriate review in due course.

Some may say I was just unlucky to get 2 sets with the same problem but that's the sort of bad luck I don't need! Luck shouldn't come into it should it?
on 31 May 2013
Had to get this for my mum as her old TV died out 1 day after guarantee ended. (and as the company was taken over, we were refused any help in fixing or replacing)

This TV was cheaper then I expected, Sound issues at first, but you can fix this very easily by turning on the bass and sound improvements in the settings menu.

Everything in HD is clearer then the last TV, and the colours are better.

Would Recommend
on 18 June 2012
Slim, light, good quality picture. Easy to set up. Sensitive enough to work well on our not very good quality signal. Arrived very quickly.
on 14 March 2015
Like a few others here, the TV suddenly went black and won't come back on again. It had lasted a couple of years, but even so I would have expected it to last longer. They don't make TVs like they used to. It wasn't a great TV as there was light leakage in the corners. I won't be buying another Toshiba.