on 4 April 2012
I bought this case for the new iPad - as the old Tecknet case used with my iPad 2, wouldn't operate the magnetic 'sleep' function on the new iPad.

This case is faux leather, but looks great and offers a good deal of protection - far more than the official iPad smart cover which is much more expensive. Just in case anyone is worried, this new case does operate the magnetic 'sleep' function on the new (third generation) iPad perfectly well. If you are looking for a well made, attractive, cover that offers real protection at a very competitive price, I don't think you can do much better than this.
33 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2012
This is my first iPad and hence my first case, so I have nothing else to compare it to but for this price I cannot recommend it highly enough. A good sturdy case, great colour (pretty true to the ad picture), the auto sleep DOES work on mine, though they sent an email apologising and saying it doesn't and can return free of charge if I wish (Great customer service from TeckNet). The low angle tilt is great for reading, which was the main reason next to protection I wanted it for. I have't used the high angle tilt yet.
It does the job perfectly for my needs and for this price I wouldn't consider anything else. OK it's not real leather, but that doesn't bother me at all.
on 4 June 2011
This classy-looking item was despatched promptly, and protects both the front AND the back of the iPad 2. The finish of the material is excellent, and everybody that's seen the new cover has commented favourably. The magnetic cover that operates the "off" function is a great battery saver. I would highly recommend this item, especially when an Apple-brand leather cover is £59.00 and only covers the front of the product.
on 29 March 2012
This cover has just turned up and works perfectly with my new ipad3. Everything lines up and the automatic turn on/off function works as well.
Am very pleased with the price, amazing value for money. Maybe they have changed the stock since others were complaining about the fit but there's nothing wrong with mine at all!
on 5 April 2012
Purchased for new IPAD3. Arrived quickly and does the job well. Mine didnt have the embossed logo shown on the description photo. Made of faux leather gives very good protection to IPAD and fits the new IPAD well (neither tight or loose. Only negative is I find it hard to push the sleep button at the top right of the IPAD when it is in this case. Price has gone up since I purchased but even at the new price it is worth it
on 29 November 2012
After initially purchasing an official iPad 3 case and returning it due to the high price tag and the fact that it offered no protection for the back of the unit, I stumbled upon the TeckNet iPad case.
The reviews seemed positive about almost every aspect of the case and for such a small cost (compared to other models) I decided to give it a try. I was glad I did.
The case, whilst cheap in price, is not cheap in appearance. I ordered the black version and was very pleased with the initial look of the product. My iPad was fully protected with easy access to the buttons on the sides.
The case also covers the edges of the screen which allows me to hold the iPad and not end up with a load of finger marks around the edges as well as protecting my iPad if it happens to be placed screen down for any reason.
The inside of the case is covered with a soft, felt like material which offers protection for the metal back of my iPad which I like as I'm bothered about getting the back scratched (part of the reason I returned the official iPad case).
The TeckNet case will turn the screen off when the case is closed like the official cases which I was pleased about as I find this feature useful for the times when I forget to put my iPad on standby. It's worth mentioning that the case allows you to use the iPads rear camera through a small hole in the back of the case, as well as the FaceTime camera in the front.
The case has a kick stand feature so I can watch movies and TV on my iPad without having to hold it which I like. The front part of the case simply folds backwards behind the iPad and slots into a small cut out area keeping the iPad secure whilst standing up.
I've had the case for roughly 5 months now and am more than happy with it. I have even recommended it to my friends. I would definately recommend people looking for a good value case take a look at this product.
on 23 April 2012
I have owned this now for about seven months and have found it to be ideal for my iPad2. The case holds the iPad well, yet allows easy access to all side controls. In fact I have not removed the iPad from the case since purchasing and fitting it last October. All stitching is still sound and the case virtually unmarked.

My iPad has been toted around quite happily, in the TeckNet case, and I have regularly watched catch up TV, viewed photographs, listened to music, etc, by placing the case into a standing position. I have read other comments about it not staying upright, and can see why, but if carefully folded, I find it stays in position reasonably well. The position of the fold creates a soft spot, which can allow it not to stay upright, but if kept flat, I don't find it a problem.

I took a long time to decide which case to purchase and can honestly say that I feel I made the right choice.
on 4 May 2011
I really wanted a colourful leather case for my new ipad 2 but was struggling to find one, I however came across this and wasnt expecting much considering the price, but im rather impressed its nice and sturdy, protects my ipad well and I love the colour :-)
on 21 April 2012
Bought this thinking that the apple screen cover wouldn't be enough to protect it and it's really good. It fits snuggly, you can use all the side buttons really well and it doesn't slide around. Defiantly recommend it.
on 8 May 2016
I also have a Tecknet case on my iPad 3, it has had over four years use and although now very 'tatty' it was good value for £9.99. However, the case bought for my iPad Air is not as good, and is a very poor fit. As other reviewers have pointed out, the cut-outs do not line up, and the thinner iPad feels 'loose' in the case. At £6.99 it is fair value, but like others, I would happily have paid more for better quality. The 'built in stand' is not as shown on the Amazon photo (which is the same as earlier iPad cases) and the Tecknet claims of 'perfect fit, high quality materials and workmanship' are a gross exaggeration. I should point out that the seller readily sent me a replacement, but it was no different.

Since the above review I have been contacted by the seller and given a full refund, so I certainly can't fault their customer service in any way. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.