on 2 July 2017
I have the SDR - S70 camcorder and I noticed last winter that the battery was draining faster than usual. Knowing full well that my camcorder was now classed as 'old' I wasn't sure where to find a new battery. I was concerned when buying this as I use my camcorder a lot (or did until the battery died) SO after much research and review reading, I ordered this battery.

It arrived and I nervously plugged it in. I was not disapointed as the camcorder accepted it with no issues at all.

At least not with the battery. I need to replace the SD card now as the other one keeps unformatting at them most inconvenient time.
(thats technology for you)
on 25 May 2012
Beware other batteries that fail to state that they are 'updated'. I bought one that didn't make that claim and I couldn't tell how much time was left on the battery - not much good. I searched and found this one,at a very similar price, checked the claim and by golly it works just like the original.
on 5 May 2017
Arrived quickly, have charged it and now using it in my camera, no problems.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 February 2013
Quick delivery through this seller, packaging satisfactory.

I bought a panasonic V100 camcorder, and the instruction booklet tells you that the camera is designed to reject unsuitable batteries that Panasonic do not approve of. So I put this battery in the camera with fingers crossed, but it was accepted immediately. Took the same time to charge as the panasonic battery i.e. 2.5 hours, I have used the camcorder for about 2 hours now and it still shows the battery at half full. The description says that the battery will last approx 4 hours on full charge, so I am presuming this is true, although I have not used it that long.
on 9 January 2013
Delivered very promptly and in perfect condition. Have only used it once so far, it has good capacity and is still working after several hours of use. Can thoroughly recommend
on 2 January 2013
This has been bought as a spare battery for my video camera and works just fine, it does the job adequately.
This is a top quality item that I can highly recommend as being almost identical to the original. Very reasonable price compared to the purchasing a high cost Panasonic battery. Speedy Delivery. Delighted
on 5 March 2013
Delighted with my purchase of this spare battery. It gives exactly same battery life and on screen information as the panasonic supplied battery.
on 16 June 2014
I've had this battery for six months or more, and I can honestly say I never know which battery - this one, or the original - is on the camera. They perform equally well and I can't tell the difference. Given the cost of the branded version, this is incredible. There is not a good reason for paying the extra.

I'm pretty sure I've heard scare stories about non-branded batteries giving problems, or even damaging the camera. I can't speak for all the batteries out there but this one won't hurt your camera at all. I guess there are some knock-offs that are not well built but I would also suspect Panasonic like to keep you on-brand because they are charging an arm and a leg.

As far as this one goes, it's a no-brainer, and when I need another I will be coming back for another of these.
on 6 May 2013
For such a small item it has a big lasting power.I reccomend this item 100 percent.lasts twice as much as normal battery