Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 5 June 2017
Confusing at times but once I understood the family history it all made more sense. I love fiona walkers books and this doesn't disappoint.
on 27 July 2017
I don't read much fiction but this sounded ok from the blurb, so I bought it - from the supermarket.

I read the whole thing, which is a good sign, because it is long and I had to make the effort to go back to it every time I had a break. Why did I return? Because it was light-hearted, quirky, intriguing and entertaining. And mostly set in Devon, which was definitely a plus.

It may not be the greatest literature, but so much great literature is quite depressing and I want stories that make me smile - or laugh, as this one did.

I found the eccentric characters entertaining, if a bit annoying at times.

I don't like swearing, and there was a bit in this. Not a lot, but I would have preferred it without.
My one major criticism concerns the errors; typos, spellings, character mix-ups. They really should not be there.
on 8 July 2012
I was lucky enough to win this book from a giveaway on Sarah's Book Reviews.

It begins with various emails being sent back and forth, I love books that have emails and texts etc in them because it always makes me feel like I'm getting a more personal view of a character.

I liked the sound of the synopsis but honestly I feel like it doesn't actually do the book justice, I quickly realised that it wasn't at all what I expected and it was in fact miles better! Occasionally I found that I was a little bit unsure about what was going on but once I figured it out I discovered a very funny and totally unputdownable book. I was surprised to find myself thinking about the characters when I was trying to do every day things - I practically ran home from taking the kids to school so I could read more.

Allegra was a brilliant main character, she was funny, flirty and outspoken, all of which made her a great character to read about. The banter between her and the other characters was one of my favourite parts of this story. In particular, her chats (usually via email) with the intriguing and mysterious Gordon were something I really enjoyed.

Things became very complicated for Allegra when she went back to Farcombe, a shocking discovery at her family's holiday home and a bizarre request from her ex are just a couple of the disasters she faces on her arrival. Throw in a confusing encounter with a mysterious Irish man known only as Mr Byrne and things really spiral from there.

I found all of the characters interesting, especially the eccentric ones, during the many unexpected twists and turns there were times when everyone actually seemed slightly crazy and I absolutely loved that, it really made me laugh!

I couldn't wait for the day of the festival to arrive but before it did there were so many exciting, funny and surprising moments that had me turning page after page. I didn't want the book to finish but when it did I felt that it ended in a good way with no questions left unanswered.

A fun and intriguing book that captured my interest from start to finish.
on 20 October 2012
I am a huge fan of Fiona Walker as an avid reader of this genre and an equestrian enthusiast, with her other books such as Kiss and Tell and Love Hunt being very much favorites of mine. Her warm, witty style and loveable characters make her stories come to life, as you loose yourself within their world for a moment in time. This beautiful book is a real treat, with its stunning cover and lush interior making it something quite special that which stands-out on any bookshelf. I love how the Sun newspaper sums Fiona's book up in just two words; deliciously naughty (which I feel is exactly right!).

Allegra North splits up with her longstanding first love Francis with much regret, recording her feelings onto paper in the form of a letter. With no reply he is forgotten and Allegra continues with her life, until a year later she returns to where it all began in picturesque Devon by the sea. This was where their romance blossomed and now where she hopes to start a fresh and begin a new chapter of her life. A family crisis fans the old flames from the start, and sparks fly when a chance encounter makes Allegra question whether Francis was ever really on the same page. However as summer storms come and go, her parents become difficult and rebellious along with vengeful family members it is all not as straightforward as she thought. Then there appears a celebrity author who seems to hold the key to everyone's future including Allegra's.
This wonderful comedy of mistaken identities, new love and old flames is a delight to behold and something that I can grantee you will find hard to put down. It is deliciously naughty in the sense of that it could be comparable to a Jilly Cooper or other great chick-lit writers such as Sophie Kinsella, Lauren Weisberger or Cecelia Ahern. It is a magnificent tale set within the country that is full of rivalry (family and romantic), sex and deep jealousy. Truly gripping and full of intense drama, you will find the Love Letter emotionally stirring and captivating from beginning to end. This is just a great read that truly blew me away, raising the standard high for this genre and surpassing all expectations that I had prior to reading it. I continue to love Fiona Walker's work and her effortless style that captures the hearts and minds of so many readers, who enjoy a book that you can really loose yourself within. It is written in a conversational (even colloquial style, but not slang rather more informal) style at times that helps the reader to connect with the characters, as if they are real people in our world that is totally relevant to the modern-age. A contemporary look at love and the dysfunctional family, that is believable and honest and which I personally feel Fiona Walker has captured precisely in a nutshell. If you are a aficionado of this genre then I urge you to read and discover Fiona Walker's work that I truly believe to be of the highest caliber upon the chick-lit shelf, and add it to your collection of books to take with you on holiday or the beach. A perfect winter's evening would be sitting by a fire huddled under a warm blanket reading Fiona Walker's The Love Letter.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Carol (aka Dizzy C) for having Fiona's book on one of her book blog giveaways, which I concider myself extremely lucky and fortunate to have won. This book is a real gem and just a spectacular read.
on 2 August 2012
It was with great anticipation and excitement that I finally opened my Amazon parcel with Fiona Walker's Love Letter Inside. Having been a massive fan since her first tales
I could not wait to see what lay inside the cover of her latest book.

I was not disappointed. Each page is exciting and input-downable... Emotional charged and epic in character depth and journeys, this is a book to recommend to ALL your friends.

Authors often keep secrets from their characters and the reader is willing the character to find out for most of the book... I find this mildly frustrating but Fiona throws secrets and plot twists and emotional car crashes in everywhere and it means exciting and non-stop reading.

To be able to get the reader to fall in love with a character (not spoiling this by telling you who...) and then change your whole opinion on them with real depth is an art form and I truly rate Fiona Walker as my favourite author.

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK AND ALL HER OTHERS!!!!!!!!! And then you must buy copies for your friends... ****FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC ********
on 18 May 2012
As soon as I started this book I couldn't put it down. Fiona Walker is one of my favourite authors. All her books are highly recommended. This one didn't disappoint me. There are a few typos through the book but it didn't ruin it for me. I am now reading through all her books again. Can't wait for Fiona's next book. Hurry up and write another one for us greedy bookworms.
on 16 May 2012
As always an amazing read. All Fiona Walker fans will be delighterd with her new book and I would encourage new readers to buy a copy as soon as possible!!!! A real page turner of a book with all Fiona's keen observation and wit. The characters bounce off the page, four legged as well as two and the story grips from start to finish. A very well written but fun book, I couldn't have enjoyed it more!!
on 18 April 2014
I have read quite a few of Fiona Walker's books but this was hard work I couldn't get into it at all
on 8 May 2012
After Allegra North (aka Legs) and her childhood sweetheart, Francis, split after 10 years together, Legs is riddled with doubts and puts her soul on paper to write him a letter that he never replies to. A year down the line and Legs finds herself headed back to the small village where she first found love, hoping she can make amends - instead she comes up against shocking revelations, misplaced vengeance and more egos that she bargained for.

It's a cracker! I'm not quite sure how she does it, but I am certainly thankful that Fiona Walker continues to serve up books with huge jumbles of characters, picturesque settings and plots that duck, dive and entwine with each other, and The Love Letter is no exception - you'll fall in love with Legs, alter egos and Hondas as Walker weaves her magic and showcases her effortless writing style.

Don't fret if you find the sheer number of characters and storylines confusing at first, you will get to grips with them as you laugh your way through the book. The main plot quickly becomes a complex web of events that will have you gripped and wondering which way Legs will turn. Mysteries are solved and loose ends tied in lovely great big bows to give The Love Letter an ending that is sure to satisfy most Walker fans. A great read and definite sure-fire hit.
on 25 July 2012
I bought this book and then I saw the reviews on amazon and my heart sunk a bit-only 3 something stars? oh dear, and it looked so big. I imagined there would need to be a certain amount of teeth gritting to get through it but, it was delightful. I not only enjoyed it, I found myself staying up to read it. It was, as so many book covers proclaim books to be, unputdownable. I loved it. It started slightly slow in as much as I could actually pause to eat/drink for the first 200 pages and after that, no chance!