Customer reviews

Outremer
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 25 November 2013
I have never read a more researched book on the Crusades. It is both informative and a really exciting read. It certainly pulls no punches in describing the brutality of the period and the religious fervour that drove both Muslim and Christians to commit themselves totally to the defence/capture of Jerusalem.
on 15 October 2013
I bought this on the strength of a good number of positive reviews. Now I'm going to add to them. It's a book that deserves to be better known and read. It's well-written and researched with a plot that carries you along. I'd buy another by this author and highly recommend this.
on 15 July 2014
Not exactly riveting but ok for a relaxed Sunday. characters are two dimensional and excessive use of Latin phrases referenced to an happened is irritating. this is historical fiction not an historical treatise!
on 6 May 2014
Factually very good , unfortunately it is very similar to many other books of this period . It is more of a history book than a fictional story . So if you know your history then it is not as good .
on 9 January 2015
This is an intriguing story. Well researched and informed. I learnt a bit of history and appreciated a new side of some of the more well known incidents. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
on 21 August 2014
No matter how many times I start reading this book I simply can't get into it. Why this should be I don't know as I have read many books about similar subjects and enjoyed them.
on 18 March 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed the way Richard Allibone combined fictional characters with true facts. Once I started reading this account of the 3rd crusade I couldn't stop until the end.
on 22 October 2013
The detail of a part of history which seems to be skimmed over in the quest to write something about the Templares is not found here but the story keeps you going to the end.
on 20 September 2013
I was a,bit uncertain about buyind a kindle,but I,m so glad I did i,ts a great joy to me .I would certainly buy another KINDLE THANK YOU for all you.r help D.S
on 3 September 2013
Having finished the Saladin Trilogy I was delighted to find this book giving a different slant to the same period. Held my interest. Most enjoyable read.