on 4 August 2015
As a complete newby to SEO and all the 'stuff' around getting a new website off the ground, I found this book very useful indeed. It is written in a style that everyone can understand. In other words, not all 'techie' terminology. There were lots and lots of things that made me go; "ooh that's what I need to do". And lots of advice about what I shouldn't really do (just hire any old SEO company for instance). All in all a very useful tool and I'm certainly much more informed after reading it.
on 1 September 2014
Im still waiting to receive it!
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2015
I'm just in the throws of setting up a new business with a colleague and we don't have a large budget so have been trying to do as much as possible ourselves. Being new to marketing we feel as if everything is a bit of a mine-field and, as other reviewers have mentioned, there is so much complicated jargon used in books and "how to" publications that it's easy to give up before you start! Finding Tim's book was therefore a real breath of fresh air.
What is so good about it is that, although there is a lot of technical information covered, it is approached in a very step-by-step manner and his chatty, humorous way of writing actually makes a complex subject into an enjoyable read. It can't be denied that there is a lot of information to take in in his book and it needs to be worked through systematically, but he shows you clearly how to do this. I have read all through it once and we have made a few changes to our website already but am now re-reading the book more slowly so that we can fully implement every idea. I think most people will need to read it several times to get the most from it.
Tim is also a shining example of the approach he advocates - giving excellent service and value for money. The bonus offers and materials which come with the book are incredibly useful, and the communications I have already received from him/his office made me feel respected and valued, which is surely how a customer wants to feel.
Brilliant book, highly recommended.
on 27 January 2014
The author should really have done some proofreading of his content. He constantly promotes tools and services offered by his own company and repeats himself so much (I think he could have written this content in about 20 pages!). Don't buy this book - buy something instead that looks at developing great web content. Essentially, that's what the author says Google looks at now anyway, but he doesn't at all explain how to create good content. Really a very disappointing book - I'm not surprised it's self published!
on 12 July 2015
A brilliant book. I have been designing my own web sites for many years, and found this book very useful in correctly
formatting SEO's. Best I have seen on the market and ensures that I dont have to bother to google for this stuff which
is often wrong. Well done Tim.
on 18 January 2016
Fantastic read kept simple
Would recommend to anybody looking to gain knowledge about search engine optimisation. I purchased this book with very limited knowledge about SEO an now having read 45 pages so far my understanding has massively increased.
on 12 February 2012
I actually came across this book after finding the author's website, where it is on sale for £20! I thought I'd do some backgroudn research on the book and found it on Amazon and got it for kindle.

What peaked my interest in particular is the really neat 'rich snippets' technique he uses to get the websites to show up with ratings stars next to the search results in Google. The video on the website showed a load of sites he had made for people which were showing up in google and they really stood out on the page. My business is always getting reviews from customers on our Google business page and now I can add these to our main site, it's a really nice trick and we're the only business in our category that uses it.

Overall well worth the £8 (or £20 depending on where you buy it!)
on 24 April 2016
The book was well written and contained very good advise and tips. I particularly liked the fact that it was written in a way that was easy to understand and not technical jargon. I would recommend this book to any one who has a business website
on 28 August 2015
Great book, covers all the important points without getting too techy. Have seen a small number of negative reviews here on Amazon and find them incomprehensible because this is a very sensible, accessible and helpful guide to the key issues.
on 16 September 2015
This book really did open my eyes to the host of opportunities available to the novice digital marketer and small business owner. Well written in plain English and not hierglyphics or technospeak. Thank you very much !!