on 29 December 2014
Really happy with this. A lot bigger than I expected it to be but then I ended up putting two multiplugs in it and managed to conceal most of the long and tangled wires because of the size. Will be getting three more. Lid clicks shut so stays put.
review image
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 March 2015
This does pretty much what it claims to do in that it makes the mess of cables behind a TV, hi-fi or computer look a bit tidier. The large version will (just) handle an extension with 6 plug sockets on it, although not if those sockets have individual switches (as this makes the extension base too long to fit in the unit).

To be more precise, it's about 15.5 inches long by 5.5 inches wide (at the widest point - the ends are curved) and a bit deeper than it is wide.

Unfortunately my existing extension cables have individual switches, so they don't fit, but I didn't take any stars off for that as the dimensions of the box are in the product description and I should have checked. I recommend you measure your extension socket before purchasing.

I only took a star off because I think it's just a little expensive for what it is.
on 14 June 2017
Concealed an absolute rat's nest of power, audio and USB cables under my desk, making everything look tidy. Large size fits quite a big power strip, and deep enough to coil up quite a bit of extra cable inside if needed.
review imagereview image
on 13 December 2016
I purchased this to hide the unsightly cables behind my TV in the living room.

Packaging: The unit was well packaged and arrived in perfect condition,

The box has various cutaways so that you can route cables from all directions of the box, this is something I think makes the product very easy to use.

Unfortunately, that's where the quality ends. The lid feels thin and of poor quality and the rest of the box flexes when the lid isn't on.

The reason I am only giving this 3 stars is because it is not value for money. No way should this be sold at £17.97!

If you want a cable tidy box and you don't care for the cost, go for it, otherwise, look elsewhere.
on 5 November 2015
Put a wall mounted TV up in my kids bedroom and connected the usual array of WI/ cable TV/ DVD player connections. These were all connected to an extension cable which was in turn plugged in to wall socket below the TV. The whole thing looked a complete dogs breakfast at floor level. I stumbled across this unit as a solution to the problem and it is fantastic. It has taken the 4 socket extension cable and al the plugs and it al looks really neat and tidy around the skirting board. My advice would be to ensure that you use an extension lead with a short a cable as possible. The first extension lead I used had a three metre cable (doh!) and the lid to the unit kept popping off till I changed it over for one with a short lead.

For what its worth I also invested in the

Fisual 1m Zip Up Cable Tidy - Black toof hide all the cables running into the back of the TV (brilliant!) and a cheap cable tidy to wrap the loose cables up running down to the socket.

The whole array looks fantastic in matt black and it has been all well worth the effort.
on 19 October 2017
PROS: Cables do look much tidier and overall I'm pleased with it. The 3 cable holes all face the back so you don't see cables leaving the box as much as with models where they exit at the sides. I also like the rounded shape - it makes it seem smaller.
CONS: a little bit flimsy, so handle with care when organising socket block, wires and putting on lid. Be aware of effect of curve on measurements; I measured my 6-gang socket block and compared with length of box shown and thought there'd be ± 1.5cm to spare - enough to allow wire to bend round to exit hole. However socket block doesn't fit in lying flat like the photo, it only fits if turned on its side, which means the cables don't behave as well. This is because the measurement shown is the maximum and(of course!) it gets reduced as the sides of the box start to curve. Ideally you'd want socket block length to be around 34cm to fit in comfortably if you want it to lay flat inside.
on 1 January 2016
This is a bit disappointing... I ordered it to hold 3 sets of laptop cables and while it's big enough, the material feels very flimsy and I worry it'll crack every time I try to put the cover back on! Perhaps a hinged cover would work better, plus firmer plastic. 2 stars for looking good
on 5 July 2016
This box is good, it has a lot of space to house cables and power supplies in.
With that out of the way, the design of the box is slightly flawed. In my view, with the main cable slots, at either end, being on one side of the box(as close to the skirting as possible) the center slot for exit cables going to devices should be on the opposite side, not on the same side(where the wall is).

To make this box work reasonably well, I had to cut a slot on the other side, so I could get cables to the equipment. Unfortunately this weekend the lid stability and so I had to use tape to keep the lid. There is a lot of stuff and I have modified the box, so I don;t see the use of tape as a flaw of the box, if you see what I mean.
on 8 December 2017
This box is only so-so. It's simply designed to keep untidy extensions, plugs and wires out of the way, and yes, I suppose that it does it well. However, it's quite flimsy and the lid doesn't lock. For the price £16, you'd expect something that looked and felt more robust. It's just a cheaply made plastic box and doesn't justify the cost. I'll engineer something of my own next time.
on 28 March 2018
Does exactly what is suppose to do - hide the cables / extensions from your work space.
It came packaged in a decent looking box but that really doesn't matter for most.

The small size is a little on the smaller side (thought it was going to be bigger) needs to buy the larger unit. Good quality plastics were used in this product.
My space looks much tidier now after using this product to tuck away the extensions and power bricks. Needs to buy the biggest unit to be able to fit a larger extension.

I read a lot of reviews stating that it is made from cheap material and seems to crack every time you get it open, but it really doesn't. You have to king of pull (gently obviously!) the bottom part (where the hole is located) and pull the top cover and it comes off really easy.

Happy with my purchase, and will invest in more like this.
review imagereview image