on 27 October 2008
I have been using tend skin for years, I used to get really bad ingrown hairs on my bikini and they were really unsightley. My sister recommended it to me. Basically, it works full stop. What it does is peel of the layer of thickened skin around the area, but generally leaves healthy skin. If you have severe in grown hairs this is the best. Now I dont know where i would be without it. However, it is strong and smells strong, but that is probably why it works so well.Not best for sensetive skin, especially dry skin. Make sure you moisturise when you use it.
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 May 2014
This is my second bottle and found that using this has made a significant difference to getiing rid of ingrowing hairs. Im using it on my legs and arms once a day so either after a shower or just before bed if I dont get time earlier. Would recommend its worth trying if you have a problem with ingrown hairs.
on 20 June 2016
Being using this on my "witchy poo" hairs on my chin day and night excellent result
They are not coming back and I have stopped scratching my chin through irritation of the hairs
growing inwardly . HURRAY. Well recommended
on 16 June 2013
My husband has had such a problem with ingrowing hairs from shaving, since using this product he has very few. So impressed bought another bottle before the first one ran out, which incidentally lasted him ages.
on 20 August 2009
I haven't got much to say about this product as I have only used it a few times and may not even need to use it any longer, and here's why.. Tea tree oil! I was suffering from one of the worst ingrowing hairs I've ever had which had lasted about 2months. I couldn't see a hair and even thought for a while there wasn't one in there and the irritation was infact an abcess or infection. I was advised by a nurse to use a cotton wool pad soaked in hot water with several drops of tea tree oil and apply to the bikini line for about 5mins in the morning and evening before bed.. 3days later the 2inch hair!.. Unbelievable I know.. was drawn to the surface and easily tweezered out. another tip is to use a sterilized pin to pick out the hair rather than tweezers(to prevent scarring) and always try to pull the hair out from the middle or at least within the length of the strand rather than the tip as it's easier to grab hold of. I would never have believed such a natural product as tea tree oil (I used the Thursday plantation tea tree antiseptic oil) would have been so successful.. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper. I just wanted to spread the word as I know how painful, embarrasing and irritating ingrowing hairs can be
22 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2015
As someone who shaves his head daily, this stuff is great for dealing with the odd in growing hair and leaves a nice smooth finish. It's a good alternative to the now expensive Headblade Clear Head version of the same thing which now costs £17 for a smaller bottle.
on 20 May 2008
Honestly, I had the WORST ingrown hair problem: huge red lumps that just woldn't go away. I tried exfoliating everyday, and warm baths before and after waxing, but they kept getting worse, and the thought of wearing a bikini this summer was filling me with dread. Sceptical, but desperate, I bought Tend Skin, and I was amazed how quickly it worked! - after 24 hours the redness had visibally diminished, and after almost 2 weeks of use my skin is almost clear of ingrown hairs and their unsightly bumps. I recommend it completely.
on 10 December 2014
A great product that really does what it says. I have brought several of these bottles over the years and you can definitely notice a difference.
My legs are unfortunately prone to bumps around the knees, when I'm using this I have no problems! Although you do have to remember to keep it up as when you stop using it the problem comes back.
Overall a great product just as long as you keep it up!
on 30 October 2015
I regularly have waxes but can find that ingrown hairs become an issue, I use this daily and it helps to clear up and bring out any ingrown hairs. Definitely noticed a massive improvement and have only been using 2 weeks so would definitely recommend!!
on 3 November 2015
Amazing stuff. I suffered so bad with ingrown hairs but I now use this only once a week and I don't have any! The smell isn't great but trust me it really works! I even use it on my spots and it works a treat