on 28 January 2013
I feel the last 2 reviews have been a bit harsh one because of the powering of the camera (cameras at this level and price seldom have recharging facility within the camera) and the second because it was an unwanted present! This is an honest review of the cameras main feature i.e that of taking "snaps" this is what it was desighned for.
My wife lost my trusted bridge camera and hating phone cameras with a passion I needed a cheap camera for snaps over Christmas. I got this in sale, not from Amazon for under £50 until I have saved up for my Canon SLR. this little GEM takes a sharp picture despite like all compacts the restrictions of the lens. On downloading to my MacBook I have found the pictures to a reasonable standard and there is little noise on them and they show on the Mac screensaver with stunning clarity. Not bad for a cheapy! I am so surprised that the settings availble within the easy to use menu system are similar to my bridge, there is live view and a multitude of effect that can be produced. it's small size is pocket and bag friendly. battery life is relatively short but then the zoom lens on these type of cameras put paid to the AA batteries quite quickly. A good option is to use good quality rechargeable batteries. Another plus point is that indeed uses AA batteries that can easily be obtained cheaply worldwide if you forget your rechargeables.
For me this is a good quality inexpensive snapper from the premier camera manufacturer and shares my camera bag with my Canon 600D DSLR
on 4 May 2017
Best portable videoin the world. Photographs are good in plenty of light but poor indoors. But as a video recorder it's excellent. Best I've found.
on 24 July 2013
Does exactly what I wanted. Video isn't great (keep the camera still for best results) but I wanted it for long exposure photos (taking pictures in caves) - works great as a slip-in-your-pocket camera and fits standard tripod mounts. Because it uses AA batteries they are readily available - unlike my other half who has lost her propriety-charger for her camera. Lots of special effects and settings to play with, takes really good pictures - an absolute bargain for £50, and at that price I wont be heart broken if (when!) I break it down a mine!
on 21 July 2013
I have used this camera for a few days and the quality of some of the pictures I have taken have been really good, I really recommend it.
on 9 October 2013
I'm a huge fan of right things for the right job (i hate overpaying for gizmos i can't fully appreciate); so what i needed was a camera i could use in the office for workshops (white board pictures, notes, etc.).
this little camera does exatly what i need:
+ small& light - no need to worry about extra wieght
+ it uses standard AA batteries (no need to charge - AA are commonly available)
+ high resolution means i can zoom i read whatever was scribbled
+ wide-ish angle available so i can use it in confined spaces
+ 1 button operation (anybody can take it, take the picture and i can be sure the image will be captured so i can read it later)

and all that for like 40quid with delivery. personally i'm very happy - does what it should, white balance works well in artificial lighting, noise i fully acceptable, while size and AA batteries make it office_on_the_move friendly. I love it.

ps. oki - i don't think i'd take it on holidays, quality is -well, what you pay is what you get. still, for what i need it does an outstanding job.
on 3 October 2013
A great camera for the price it's going at.
Not quite as good as some reviews have led me to believe but it is very good.
Quite impressive quality pictures especially for the price and more features than i'd expect in a very easy to use and accessible menu system.
Only real downside to it is that it's image stabilization is pants.
You need to rely on a steady hand quite a lot and pictures taken at a zoom require a tripod (or whatever) in my opinion.
on 5 March 2013
This is a good camera but the battery compartment door is hard to open, at least on mine. Sometimes it opens ok but most times you have to use all your force, and on a few occasions I had to put rubber gloves on to get more grip to push the door compartment forward to open.
on 11 October 2013
We wanted a nice little camera that was easy to use and took nice clear photographs and this camera does all of those things.For the money it is a very good camera.
on 30 March 2013
i bought this camera for my holidays this year in the leeds area. Cheap, pocketsize, quick snapshots availability without complicated settings, had to have AA batteries were my criteria. (as i never take my best camera on holiday in case it gets damaged / stolen etc..) i have had canon powershot cameras in the past and generally they're very good. the A810 produces some good pictures, but alas, no battery power indicator which is fairly important when on the move, i strongly recommend choosing a different camera as the zoom is a power drain and twice so far the batteries have given up on me. paying a little extra for a better camera is more beneficial than carrying around a pocket full of AA batteries even if you do alternatively use rechargeables. i have found that rechargeable 2900 ma/h manufactured by extreme bought from the internet last a long time.
on 3 February 2015
on off the best easy to use