on 21 February 2012
I won't repeat everything that's been said about the printed edition, suffice that this is an excellent, practical guide to using BPMN.

Now this is available in Kindle format for portability and moreover, text searching. The author's blog points out the difficulty of formatting the diagrams for the Kindle, but I think he/the publishers have done a great job. (If in doubt, download the sample chapter first.)
on 10 February 2013
The diagrams in this book are barely visible on a kindle, the text is very blurred and magnification does not help.

I also think to devote half the book to XML representations of a BPMN model seemed a bit off subject. The half of the book that is on BPMN is OK-ish - but I did think it could have been better. Certainly I would like to have seen examples of:
* Operational level mapping to show existing processes and highlighting problem areas
* Specification Level Mapping to define systems requirement ...

Maybe these aspects will be covered in a future version ....
on 17 January 2013
The quality of the content is excellent. This is one of the best BPMN books. My only criticism for the kindle version is the quality of the figures. The fonts in the figures are not sharp hence it is difficult to read them.
on 20 June 2013
I'm enjoying this book and finding it helpful. The author not only shows best practice on creating BPMN diagrams, but has excellent advice on defining the processes. And as he worked on the OMG standards committee that proposed BPMN 2.0, I think we can all learn from his insight and experience.

Personally, I think other reviewers' comments about the diagrams in the Kindle edition are a bit picky. Use the Kindle zoom feature to get more detail, or use Kindle Cloud Reader, and the results will be perfectly acceptable.
on 3 April 2015
If you don't have any experience at all in process modelling you may find it a little complex but if you read it a few times I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. I have been a BA for quite a while so just wanted to keep my skills up to date with the latest methods and found this book to be detailed and really well written.
on 10 February 2014
Really helps understanding what BPMN is all about; clarified some key points for me. A must-read for BAs developing business processes using BPMN.
on 17 June 2013
Brilliant book, provides the background to modelling and the tools to start using BPMN. Highly recommend reading the first 50 odd pages.
on 24 August 2013
If you are already well into BPMN or just starting this book is a very good companion book. Lots of basic stuff and lots of good tips.
on 20 August 2015
Bit too techny for me but my programmer loves it
on 2 December 2015
It is a must-have book on BPMN.