on 12 May 2013
I had never heard of this film until recently and bought it just because of Sarah Brightman. Unfortunately it has left me asking Why Sarah? Did you own soneone a favour? Totally miscast as a conductor of an opera, although we get a short blast of Exultate Jubilate in rehearsal for a friend's wedding, but even that is totally out of any sort of context and I am still asking myself what the friends wedding had to do with anything. Some really idiotic sub-plots worked into it and although it passed a pleasant enough afternoon requiring a little less brain action than watching East Enders, I am still left wondering why any of it was made into a story let alone into a film. If this is th ebest on offer for Sarah then maybe she should just concentrate on her Space Programme!
3 people found this helpful
on 27 February 2015
It could almost be described as a farce but I found it much better. Again when I was doing other purchases on Amazon I found this and thoroughly enjoyed. The casting was good, the locations were great and it is another of those films that went under the radar but I am glad I have seen it and it is now in my collection will view it again and again.
I agree with other reviewers that Sarah Brightman was under used maybe there is a Producer out there who can entice her back and give her another role because she should be seen.
on 2 February 2015
Light comedy. Simple plot but well produced. Unlike other reviewers, I found the sound quality on my copy was OK. I thought Sarah Brightman was very good (perhaps I'm biased) but she was a stage actress so not unexpected. Worth a watch.
on 21 January 2013
Considering that Sarah is not an actress I think she did very well in this film and it had a good supporting cast of English actors
5 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2017
A great fun d.v.d. well packaged.
on 4 March 2015
Fiest Night
Great! Made me want to watch Cosi..
david, East Kilbride, Glasgow
on 13 January 2018
I love everything about this film.It's my feelgood film.I put it on when I'm feeling low.
on 29 February 2016
So excited to be able to buy this movie - I'm in the orchestra, you can see me clearly during the dress rehearsal scene. :)
on 15 November 2016
The two stars are for the scenes Julian Ovenden was in The rest of the film without him in was bismal Pat Borrll
on 28 July 2015
Exactly as described, quickly delivered.