Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 16 February 2017
Excellent
on 8 April 2016
Such a favourite album of mine!!
on 9 June 2017
Love this....buy it, you will not be disappointed!
on 22 March 2017
good
on 27 December 2014
really great
on 18 May 2017
Great band.
on 19 January 2010
Fantastic. These guys play their own instruments as well, so its not juts old swing songs being remixed. An exciting blend of violins and accordians which create melodies that you can't stop listening to. So fun. The whole album is superb listening, a mix up of bpms, no song is average, its all 5 star. Then go listen to Parov Stelar.
on 16 May 2009
I'm not one for buying albums without listening to 3 or 4 songs first, but, as soon as I heard Suzy, I had this on my mp3 player before I could spit. Not only do Caravan Palace combine classic electro with swing perfectly, but the catchy We Can Dance, Bambous and Je m'amuse will have you dancing for days.

There are no weak songs on this album. Each song is able to stand alone, whilst still blending immaculately as a whole collection of music. The mix of bass, percussions and violin is so unique and so fresh, I doubt anybody besides a collaboration of "Zazou" inspired musicians could pull it off.

Caravan Palace serve up festive, frantic music, an improbable futuristic and melodious Charleston fit for the dance floor.
on 22 January 2010
A good and undoubtedly polished album this is, but I am less in awe of it than some of the other reviewers here. It certainly has some exceptionally strong tunes and the musicianship is excellent, but the novelty does wear thin for me after a while. I had the slight feeling there was some kind of formula at play. That said, it's a very enjoyable album, and credit is due for reinventing the spirit of Django Reinhardt and capturing the sound of Electro Swing so well...now check the other proponents of the genre.
on 4 December 2010
Was quite a mission to find this band, heard one of their songs as a small part of a large mix and loved the way they sounded. So after finding them, it was very exciting to say the least, and they definitely dont disappoint in any way. French Electro Swing is a pretty good category for them I'd say, not one you'd hear about often but for its unusualness.
I, and my flatmates, constantly play this album, its feel-good mixed with a rhythm to make you want to dance - even if you cant! Quirky and ecstatic, and they've become one of the most-played bands on my itunes :D
I really really highly recommend Caravan Palace. Not much more needs to be said.