Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 May 2012
Another demonstration of telepathic duo musicianship from the architects of the famous Zurich Concert of October 28th 1979. This time a mixture of 'standards' and jazz compositions from such masters as Tadd Dameron, Dave Brubeck and Thelonious Monk. I doubt that any more intricate, intelligent and interesting piano/vibraharp interplay has ever been captured to disk. Mesmerizing, magnificent stuff, thoroughly recommended.
I agree that there may be too many five star reviews on "amazon" but that may be because people can't be bothered to rate a disappointing album.

I've had this CD since its release more than a year ago and every time I play something from it I find that I am compelled to stop any other distraction and really listen to it. Although the music is accessible, it isn't "easy listening". The selection of tunes is interesting and the interplay between the two musicians is wonderful.

Well worth adding to one's collection.

Perhaps amazon should introduce a crown designation for albums that a listener thinks are truly remarkable!
on 9 April 2012
Hot! Hot! Hot! ... (HOT!) Not one duff track. (HOT!) Excellent tunes and masterful technique! This CD finds Corea and Burton flowing beautifully together again. It's as good as anything they've done before. (HOT!) The 2nd track, Eleanor Rigby, never did much for me, not with the Beatles or without. In fact I always skipped the song whenever it appeared on a CD. Not on this CD I don't! Brilliant arrangement by Corea! ... Buy! Buy! Buy!
on 26 July 2013
With the familiar combination of Chick Corea and Gary Burton I was expecting some spacey fusion but it turns out to be a comparatively straight jazz album (theres a phrase) with piano and vibes respectively swinging with the best of old masters and a taster of the stuff they hope to get down with chamber orchestra and jazz quintet (see Continents) all in all very enjoyable and a good listen - more than good. I also disvcovered from the cover notes that Corea is or was a scientologist which surprises me he's so good. Probably should have guessed when I saw the cover of Vigil
on 10 May 2012
I went to listen them live in London at the Barbican. Fantastic music & fantastic concert as well.
This CD is a must for all the lovers of Gary Buron and Chick Corea music.