on 23 January 2017
I have big legs and still this fall to the large side. But I like them as I took them for the motorbike and it must be a little large in order to cover the whole leg while seating on the motorbike. I also like the fact that it does not have pockets as usually the pockets allow the rain to get in the trousers. I have use it for more than 1000 km and in very heavy rain and I never got wet. Also to wear / remove them I do not need to remove boots.
on 10 August 2017
Beware that these trousers are loud when you walk. SWISH SWISH SWISH. You certainly will not be sneaking up on anyone if you have them on!

As far as size goes, I wear a 32 inch waist and a 29 inch inseam, so I bought a medium based on the reviews. When I got the trousers, they were more like a 38 waist and a 31 inch inseam. I have no idea how reviewers have recommended buying one size bigger than normal.
6 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2018
I ride a motorcycle all year round and rather than spending hundreds of pounds on motorcycle trousers that seem to always leak after a few months I took to wearing waterproof overtrousers and after my previous pair of berghaus started letting in I needed a new pair, seeing as the old pair had lasted well and bearing in mind I ride all year round, winter and summer they get a lot of stick, I went for similar.
These have so far proved to be very good, big enough to get on over a pair or armoured bike trousers and comfortable to wear over the top too, the extra long side zips make getting them on over biker boots easy and fuss free.
4 people found this helpful
on 15 September 2017
I don't often write reviews but had to for these. Recently went up Snowdon in the most appalling wet weather and these didn't just keep me dry they kept me bone dry. All my friends were soaked to the bone & I was smugly very comfortable. I'm 5'11" and the leg length is a little long but whatever, if you want to stay dry these are the bomb.
review image
on 3 April 2017
A fantastic trouser, took an 8 hour battering in howling wind and rain on Kinder Scout and the same again Sca Fell and my legs remained bone dry. In fact they were pretty much the only waterproof not to fail while on the hill. Also, and this is a great bonus, they don't make that annoying "swoosh swoosh" sound while you walk! Expensive but worth the extra.
on 9 November 2017
Finally a pair of waterproof trousers that keep the water out, doesn't rip and aren't too sweaty - I use them for cycling to work. Have got through so many waterproof trousers over the years and they have all been hopeless, even the more expensive ones like Altura. But these are great - being using them for approx. 1 year and still in great condition
5 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2017
Its hard to find waterproof trousers to fit my 32/33 waist and 34 inside leg , but the Medium Long fit perfectly over a pair of craghoppers.
Wore them on the Brecons in torrential rain for several hours a day over 2 days with no signs of leaks.
6 people found this helpful
on 22 September 2017
Keeps you dry, and you don’t get too hot thanks to the zips and press studs down the side of each leg. If it weren’t for these I would imaging you would get quite hot as the material doesn’t seem that breathable.

Not as packable as the paclite version, but for a quarter of the price I’m more than happy.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 October 2017
Impressive meteorological capabilities. I bought these to see if I could remain dry whilst on my motorbike. The way they work is quite remarkable and I'll be totally honest with you, it surprised me to find out. Since having these, it has rained before I get on the bike and it's rained shortly after I've arrived somewhere on the bike. Never when I'm actually riding. Impressive for a pair of over-trousers.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2016
Got these for my climb up Snowden yesterday(24/03/16)

I am sooo glad that I did.
They were invaluable in the condition that my friends and I faced.
Throughly water proof(heavy rain and 78% humidity) didnt feel the rain at all. And windproof(It was blowing cold wind at 21mph)
Incredibly well designed, at some instance I was literally jumping over rocks with ease and hardly any kind of restrictions, I might aswell have been running naked.
One peice of advice. Order a size smaller as they have elastic waist, but this is dependant on what you will be wearing on the inside. All I wore was some warm cotton leggings, nothing bulky.

Well done Berghaus. Veryvery well done. I look forward with great confidence in buying more of your goods when I go climbing again.
2 people found this helpful