on 29 September 2016
Great book, cuts to the chase and gives direct information. I am just getting back into training after sixteen years of operations following a rugby injury. I can only do seated exercise but the instructions of Michaels book and his other accompanying books have placed me in the right direction to see small results (for my way of exercise, being limited) but RESULTS. I have lost 1/2 stone in 3 weeks!
And gained some shape again. Just a foundation for better things to come....... thanks Michael!
3 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2014
As a supplement to Bigger, leaner, Stronger, I highly recommend this book. Traditionally people think losing fat is all about long steady state cardio sessions. But Bigger Leaner Stronger explains in details how we should burn body fat and this book provides excellent practical Cardio workout advice. For example, you can do a weights circuit for 20 minutes, or you can do a HIIT stationery bike session. I would recommend this book to provide you with varied Cardio workouts for fat burning.
9 people found this helpful
on 27 October 2016
This book debunks general incorrect ideas people may have where Cardiovascular exercise is concerned. The author promotes flexible dieting which although I do not agree with because I am disciplined to healthy dieting. I can use his proven theories to help prescribe diet plans for my clients who may find it difficult to make the 100% move to a clean, healthy diet. The book includes exercises and recommendations to burn fat effectively such as: fasted cardiovascular exercise and Carbohydrate cycling. I bought a used copy of this book; it's always great when knowledge is cost efficient.
on 23 February 2015
Gave me loads of ideas to avoid the boring cross trainer and treadmill. I read both Thinner Leaner Stronger (TLS) and Muscle Myths before this book. There is some repetition because Michael brings the main myths and points into each as they are designed to be stand alone books. But its OK to have a refresher. Read TLS first though
3 people found this helpful
on 21 October 2015
Great little ebook to help you on you're way if you are looking to drop some fat. I then bought Bigger Leaner Stronger which is the real deal when it comes to getting in shape but if you are looking for something concise and to the point and don't want to pay hardly anything because you have not read any Michael Matthews this is a great intro especially if you are new to exervicise because this book is different, it's fact based info not pushed by supplement companies in magazines where the information provided is not always correct, this is science based hard hitting truth.
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 1 January 2017
This book is simply amazing & I can't wait to put all the great help & advise into practise! It's very clear & straight talking, and Michaels even there for you to email if you need any extra help with anything. Infact I loved the book so much, I told my friend who is also desperate to lose fat & gain muscle, & she has just bought it too. Looking forward to the gym now, & knowing how & what to eat to get where I want to be, is no longer as scarey as it used to be!!. 2017 here I come 😀
on 19 May 2018
Losing weight is a fairly easy process. It’s all about calorie control and a bit of self restraint where food is concerned. Buy this book and it will tell you the basic simple facts of what you need to do to lose fat. Highly recommended.
on 19 January 2018
Excellent guide into cardio HIIT training. Michael Matthews has a perfect gift to make everything simple and understaneble. Perfect manual. Great supplement to his Bigger Leaner Stronger.
on 7 July 2014
Very interesting book this. I'd recommend it as what's in it doesn't just apply to bodybuilders, it applys to anyone! I'm no bodybuilder, weightlifter, gym fan or athlete, I'm just a guy that's overweight and wants to lose weight. This book has some great info on exercising. There's different methods to suit all tastes and is even for beginners like myself. But its not just info on exercise in this book as it has info on eating not only better but to help you lose weight too. It tells you what's important about different foods and the types to avoid! So if you want to lose weight or just get in shape, buy this book!
on 27 March 2013
I like this book. It explains you how to eat. (Only high glycemic index carbs before and after training). He also gives examples of different sort of high intensity training workouts. My favorite book af the Mr Matthews is still " Bigger, Leaner, Stronger.
5 people found this helpful