Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 April 2013
I wasn't sure which ball to buy due to the different sizes available but settled on 75cm. I procrastinated before taking the plunge (prompted by the realisation that I had 3 weeks until due date) but I am glad I did. At my booking appointment, I was 5'9"/5'10" but I have since 'lost' height and now measure 5'7" and the ball is still ok for me (thankfully my legs are still a 34" inside measurement)

For a start, I received the item within 48 hours of placing the order so kudos to supplier for that one. This is highly significant as it meant I could get a bit of crafty bouncing in before the big day. Chairs, sofas have become uncomfortable as my knees are raised a lot higher than my hips and getting up is also an issue. Once you get used to the inflated ball, it becomes comfortable and good fun as you can rock your pelvis or just sit still. Apparently, this is excellent for foetal positioning and for labour preparation. For me, this is significant as I am aware that I have an anterior placenta so a posterior presentation may be my fate. I am, therefore, keen to do anything I can to try and get this baby into the best postion possible for labour.

You will get to a stage of inflation where you think it is fully pumped but, when you measure it with the tape provided, you discover that you haven't inflated it enough. You will need to be brave and persevere in order to reap the most benefit. You know you have cracked it when your hips are higher than your knees (approx 8-10cm.

Pump, tape measure and an exercise guide included in package.

I plan to use the ball in the early stages of an active labour to minimise discomfort.

I will provide an update in respect of the labour and post natal benefits in due course.
on 3 May 2016
This ball is well made and attractive (a pale gold/natural colour). The ball I received does not have any dark patches, which I noticed that other reviewers mentioned.

My husband inflated the ball to 75cm in under a minute with the hand pump provided. The instructions say not to use an electric pump but we found the hand pump more than up to the task, so no problems there.

I am 5"8 and definitely find the 75cm ball to be the right ball for my height. It is important that your pelvis should be higher than your knees when you are sitting on the ball. If in doubt about the right size for your height (as I was), I'd say get the larger size and inflate it to 80%-90% of capacity.

I put on a lot of weight in pregnancy and was initially worried that the ball might burst but have quickly got over that fear. I have been practising bouncing/rocking on it and it feels comfortable and solid. The max weight limit (300kg) is very high.

I haven't used this ball in labour yet but I did use a ball like it during my first labour and it helped a lot in dealing with my contractions, even at their most intense. I think it'll be great having this ball at home in the early stages of labour, and I'm planning on taking it with us to the hospital too.

The ball comes with a handy instruction booklet showing different positions to adopt in labour and birth. Very useful.
on 15 March 2012
Love it! Am delighted with my new birth ball, I'm 36wks now, and its the most comfy thing to sit on. I'm 5'9 and the ball is really firm and supportive and plenty big enough, I haven't needed to inflate it to its full size. It arrived within a couple of days of ordering. The instructions are helpful and I really love the colour.
on 7 August 2012
I bought this to help with SPD & birth & post natal exercises. It's great quality & fairly easy to assemble (well, so my husband tells me.)
on 8 May 2012
This birth ball is perfect for purpose. I am 5ft 7 and this is the perfect height for me. I found with other balls i was so low I found it difficult to get off of it, with my expanding bump! But with this ball, no problems. Its strong and you feel confident that it will not burst etc. It also comes with a leaflet showing some recommended positions for your comfort using the ball. Good buy.
on 31 March 2017
Amazing!!!
Used it before and after birth. It was a life saver in the last trimester...better than any chair or sofa.
Excellent for rocking baby to sleep and exercising after birth. And my husband loves it and uses it too. :D
on 3 February 2014
Once blown up the ball is filthy inside with lots of black dirty marks. It's looks awful and is very disappointing. The package the ball came in was not sealed and I wonder if another customer had returned for this reason.
on 13 February 2013
I am really happy with the ball itself. It is strong, supportive, not a bad colour and the material doesn't smell like some plastic does. Saying this the pump is terrible and not really fit for purpose. It comes in 2 parts and should screw together however there were no ridges so i couldn't get it to stay together. The ball takes a lot of air to inflate it fully and the pump fell apart after every pump. In the end it took 2 of us, one holding the pump together and the other to pump the air.
Would have given 5 stars if it wasn't for the pump.
on 18 September 2012
This is one of my best maternity purchases..I bought it when I was 28 weeks and at 33 weeks now, I can happily recommend this as the most comfortable seat. Dont know if the ball helped but my baby is in the right position for delivery. I'm 5'7" and the 75cm ball is perfect for me. I inflate it to the max so that even if it goes down a bit over days (which it does), its still fine. Infact at full inflation, its a bit firm for my taste. The colour matches our carpet so doesn't look like it clutters the hall unlike other dark colours and the brownish colour camouflages any dirt unless you want to wipe the ball regularly...all in all, its well worth the price!
on 29 October 2016
Love the actual ball, did not come with the instruction leaflet (positions) though which is the main reason I paid more. Disappointed that it wasn't included as specified. If it had been included I probably would give this full marks as the ball is perfect size, comfy and feels safe even at 8 months pregnant!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse