on 17 March 2013
These are of different thicknesses, which I found very useful.
Because they are thinner than felt plectrums, I find them more comfortable to use.
Very good for a ukulele to produce extra volume , without wearing the strings like plastic ones.
on 18 October 2012
I have been teaching my younger sister Ukulele, but she had been struggling as she had very stubby nails. Although having long nails sounds and feels much better, these picks work very well. The colours that arrived were different than advertised, but I didn't mind as it wasn't the reason for buying them. Instead of pink, red, and orange picks I received red, blue and black picks.
At the same time we tried a felt pick, but these leather picks are preferable, if slightly more expensive.
on 29 March 2013
Great looking product - niocely packaged and included a few freebies too - thanks.
I tried to use these on the uke but I'm afraid these are not for me - far too cumbersome! I'll stick to ultralight picks for now.
on 29 July 2015
I love these picks. My nails do seem to wear down very quickly when playing so I have to use something. I find plastic too harsh unless it is very flexible. "Soft" felt picks are very harsh by comparison with leather, tone and sound suffers.
The only drawback is that with use they do soften, but that only adds to their appeal in some ways as the tone from the uke also softens
on 11 April 2016
I have just started playing the ukelyley and I was struggling to get a consistent sounding strum. I bought these and they have worked a treat. The leather is of really good quality and they are really easy to hold. Great product. Delivered before stated time as well.
on 24 October 2015
Although I usually pick my ukulele with my fingers I have found them useful and very durable when I have used them. I have had them for about six months. Excellent product and highly recommended for the ukulele.
on 27 May 2012
I love these picks so much i ordered a whole bunch of them. They are the perfect size and softness for uke strings.
on 14 November 2012
These arrived, slightly different colours, but thick leather. They arrived 'loose' in a plastic bag rather than a little wallet which I thought was a shame as they were a gift to go with a new Uke. If I was smarter I'd have bought some 'felt' picks, better for my little nephew and his little fingers and possibly a bit cheaper.
on 11 March 2016
I wanted a pick with low click noise for my lyre and tested several materials (inc. rubber, plastic, felt).
Of all of them, these had the lowest click noise (other than using my finger pads).
The soft ones are quite flexible and can catch the strings a bit, but for strumming without too much noise they are ideal.
Like other customers, I was disappointed that there was no attempt at decent packaging. The plectrums arrived loose in a grey post-envelope. My main complaint about these plectrums is that they are very broad. I would have to trim them down quite drastically to use them comfortably. I have since bought a blue felt plectrum in a shop: this one is half the size of the Koralas, and far easier on my small fingers! These plectrums will need a good art knife and an awful lot of care...