on 14 December 2012
These boots look great and appear to be well made, incorporating some nice styling details. They are extremely comfortable straight from the box. The `Adiprene' footbed gives superb cushioning and makes them a pleasure to walk in, whilst the knitted cuff and lining gives them a luxurious feel. Sizing is good although they are quite a wide fitting. They are waterproof as claimed, and the insulation certainly kept my feet warm during the recent freezing weather.
My only criticism of these boots would be that although they are described as hiking boots they are probably better suited for walking on relatively easy terrain as the sole is quite flexible and the boots don't provide adequate ankle support for serious hiking. I would regard them as very good urban winter boots with hiking boot styling and some limited `off-road' capability. Overall though I'm very happy with them, and they live up to Rockport's reputation for producing very comfortable footwear.
on 26 January 2013
These shoes are fantastic, very well made and extremely comfortable. I've read a few reviews regarding sizing, some suggest buying a half size larger, others a half size smaller, but I found they were spot on my usual shoe size of 9.5.

They were delivered in good time and before the estimated delivery date.

However, these shoes are supposed to be brand new yet were clearly returned by a previous customer. Although the shoes were in near new condition, it was clear they had been worn outside as the soles had mud and grit stuck to them and there was slight bobbling on the wool lining! I suppose I can look past this as the shoes are otherwise in great condition and were bought half price on sale, but had I bought them at full price (circa £100) I would have been livid to have received a used shoe!

All in all I would recommend this product, but I am very disappointed that Amazon let through a returned shoe that had so clearly been used outdoors in mud and not returned in pristine condition (only to flog it to me).
on 6 January 2014
There is a small issue with these boots. They are not that easy to get on.
Once on however they are pretty comfortable AND so are they are totally waterproof. I bought these for Dog Walking and not for hiking. Dog walkers will know that long wet grass is the ultimate test for waterproof footwear. These also have an excellent "tread" on the sole so mud is easily tackled BUT the thing that really tests a boot is walking through saturated wet grass. So far.. so Good.
They are also pretty comfortable and the lining makes additional socks unnecessary so far.
Why only a 4? IMO a different lacing system would make getting them on and off easier? BUT the one employed ensures waterproofing.
on 9 February 2014
I bought this last winter (2012/2013).
Please accept my apology if the points I made have changed since then.

The product images suggest the toe of this boot is covered with rubber.
No, it's made of rubber. There's no leather beneath, just a thin lining.
So, you certainly feel cold at your toes, if you walk in the snow. At least, I did.

Ankles (the part made of leather) are nicely insulated with thick lining, claiming with Thinsulate insert, which could be true.
But, if your toes are nearly exposed to cold, there's no point.
on 10 January 2014
I almost agree with the review left by Harry Dean, "This boot is of faulty design .The tongue is sown too high up the sides and If you have a high instep its impossible to force your foot through". The tongue is as said sown up a bit to high but I did manage to get them on and hope with use that it will become easier. they look really good and the sizing was good for me at size 8. Great for those log walks out with the dog, if like my last pair of Rockports they will keep my feet warm and dry
on 15 February 2014
Incredibly comfortable and supportive, warm and does not allow any rain through to your socks. I walked around for a full day in these on a family night out and felt not a jot of discomfort. On top of this, they look very smart with a pair of jeans with just enough flair to stand out and look great without looking in an way ostentatious.
on 15 July 2013
These were bought for my fiance, he says they're very comfortable, not too heavy as the other boots and he had a few compliments about them so I quess it's to be recommended:) the only issue is that the sole of these boots wears off very quickly.
on 22 February 2013
These were a present for my son who is a teacher and takes students on out of bounds trips. As, we are getting more snow here than ever before hopefully they will come in useful as waterproof footwear - that's not been put to the test yet. On first putting them on he remarked how comfortable they were. He's a size nine and a half and said the 10 was perfect. Lets hope they are waterproof, but that's still to be put to the test. Apart from that, the overall look is really good, and they look quite fashionable. Glad I went for the Chilli colour too - very dark brown and look smart. Can't give 5 stars yet as they have not been worn.
on 17 October 2015
I bought these boots in autumn 2014 paying around £130 if i remember correctly, there are a few problems with them although they are waterproof
Firstly the laces are awful, they are impossible to get tight and if you manage to get them slightly tight then within the first 30 seconds of walking they come loose again
Most importantly the tread on the bottom is terrible, i wore them twice and they worked okay on snow and ice but by the third time the tread was almost completely gone and i was unable to use them outside, this makes no sense as then i went out and bought some £10 boots from Primark and they did perfectly with the tread until the snow and ice melted in may, i was able to walk stably

I dont reccommend these boots for snow and ice, maybe just mud and grass
on 2 December 2012
Receveid the product within the estimated date. The boots are of an exceptional quality, very confortable and warm.
To bad they went on 52% sale a few days after I order them :-(