Size: 47 x 34 x 24 cm|Colour: Black / Red|Change

on 16 January 2013
I cycle to work most days, in whatever weather, but occasionally take the bus if I have to travel to a different city during the day. This bag is the ideal solution to the problem of how to carry a laptop on a bike and then lug it around throughout the day.
First, it will take your laptop without any difficulties, up to 15".
The bag has a number of pockets of varying sizes for carrying all the odd bits for the working day.
Converting it to a rucksack is simple and means that any mud tends to get rolled up with the pannier flap. It is very comfortable to wear as a rucksack.
There is a waterproof cover, which works.
The fastening system is very secure and there are straps that can be clipped tight to keep the width of the bag down when on the bike.
Over all, the bag is excellently made; I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality.
There is a helmet holder which clips onto the outside of the bag.
It's a tad expensive but to be honest, you get an excellent piece of equipment for the money.
Niggles? Maybe a little more reflective material would be nice and the lower attachment strap slips a little bit (but it's easy to re-tighten).
On the whole, Vaude seem to have thought of just about everything with this bag.
I would consider using one on the other side but I already have an Altura pannier which is not of the same quality but suffices for carrying my lunch.
on 18 October 2013
This is a really well made bag with a rain proof cover which is stored under the pannier bag. It is a clever design.
The bag is well made and sturdy.
My niggles are that the bag is unnecessarily weighty at 1.39 Kg in weight and although the bag is beautifully designed, the material of the bag is not waterproof and a separate waterproof bag (provided) adds to the overall weight of the bag.
on 23 May 2015
I have only been using this for three weeks, but daily to go to work and back (taking it off the bike when I am at work/home). It is easy to place it on the bike and to take it away and at the moment I do not see any signs of wearing or any tension that might make it break.

It is bigger than expected. I have not used it to carry a laptop yet. I do use the laptop compartment to carry clothes and the other big compartment to carry a small towel + a couple of 1l bottles + food. The bag has no issues with that weight + I still would have room for more.

The plastic cover for the rain is very effective. I have had to use it several times (40 min rides under the rain, I was soaked ) and the bag was dry.
on 12 October 2013
This item is so well thought it for its use as a backpack and cycle pannier. I cannot think why no-one has though of it. I am having difficulty keeping its use from the rest of the family and thinking of buying another one.
on 29 October 2016
No problems after a month of daily use. Looks like I've finally found a convertible pannier that works. Just the right number of compartments for lights, pump, tools, laptop, lunch, daily papers etc and comfortable as a backpack. Just keep an eye on the rain cover, I somehow lost mine despite the loop to keep it attached.
on 27 February 2015
This is a very well constructed bag but was bigger than I expected. Website information needs to be clearer on the relative sizes of bags. Excellent value product.
on 25 April 2016
This is my second Vaude pannier/rucksack. It is a brilliant design, converting easily from a good pannier to a surprisingly comfortable rucksack. This is invaluable for me as I commute by train and bike. Being able to use the bag as a rucksack while carrying my bike over the bridge is a real boon. There are lots of good pockets, a decent sized laptop compartment and a hi-vis raincover stashed in the bottom.
on 26 January 2015
this is a fantastic bag for daily cycle commuting. It's the perfect size to carry the bits I need (primarily a change of clothes, including shoes).

mine's taken a great deal of punishment over the past 18 months - it's stood up to everything I throw at it, without even a hint of a broken strap or suchlike.
on 11 October 2015
Good quality, simply works as expected