on 14 April 2016
This is my second Belkin case that I have bought , the last one I bought about 4/5 years ago and was well used and travelled all over from home to holidays . When my old and tatty one was due to be replaced I decided it had to be a Belkin again and received it a few days ago . I am happy to say that I was not disappointed so I would recommend this case ..
on 17 October 2012
I have looked at dozens of cases for over two weeks before purchasing this one for my ipad 3. I saw this one in PC World and was impressed but was put off by the price £49.99. Amazon were doing the same case for £27.00. Hard to believe but it was true! The case is genuine leather and fits perfectly. The four corner clips hold the ipad securely and allow. For quick easy removal if you want to use your ipad in a docking station etc the stand is brilliant, much better than the tri-fold type (in my opinion). Case affords great protection, also looks incredibly smart too. In all this case ticked all the boxes for me. You won't be disappointed.
on 17 January 2013
Pros: premium feel, excellent protection, securely held, stand actually works in use, cable/camera ports fully accessible

Cons: none, save for lack of portrait orientation but that was irrelevant to me

There's plenty of positive reviews on this item so in practice I'm just adding another 5 star. That said if you've made it this far down, this case surpassed expectations. Having spent £500 on an iPad it seems daft to then stick it in an ill fitting cheap smelling case from eBay, but that's exactly what I've done until now.

I like the premium feel and the substantial build yet that doesn't equate to bulk. The corner grips not only hold the iPad securely in place but offer protection should you drop it on a corner. The stand part is landscape only but I seldom need the portrait option, and the upside of which is that the case is much more stable - you can actually type on it without it collapsing like my old case did.

The description states that it's leather and some folk have questioned whether it is indeed genuine leather - frankly I'm not too worried what it's made of but then again have no reason to doubt that it is indeed leather. It feels lovely in your hands and doesn't stink of plastic, even when it was first unrwapped! It's also stood up to being in my work bag every day without look any worse for wear.

Top job Belkin, thirty quid well spent.
on 24 August 2012
When I bought this case I wanted something to protect my ipad3 when carrying it about,that would make a good stand and look smart when going to business meetings. It fulfills all these requirements and is of very good quality as well. When the case is closed the ipad3 is switched off by the magnet and this works every time. I am very impressed with this case and would recommend it to anyone looking for an ipad3 case. As usual with all previous purchases from Amazon it was delivered promptly and as advised by Amazon. Leather Magnetic Case for New Apple iPad 3rd Generation, HD, 1080P, WiFi, 4G LTE (Black)
on 27 November 2012
Having seen this product first in John Lewis for £45, I found it on Amazon.co.uk for £25 and knew I had to get it. The case is real leather, complete with the smell you'd expect - its extremely professional looking and has a subtle, small Belkin emboss on the bottom right corner on the front.

It grips on to the iPad securely (not worried at all that it might fall out) and doesn't damage the device in anyway. The inside of the flap has small ridges along the length, allowing you to position the iPad horizontally upright at varying angles. There is a flap which magnetically holds the front, and can be used to hold the cover back when open.

The magnets on my particular case work perfectly - my iPad has never died from staying awake all night or in my bag, this case works, as long as you ensure the cover is squarely aligned with the iPad when you close it.

Negatives:

- can only be used to position the iPad in landscape. There is no portrait mode.
- in addition to the weight of the iPad itself, things start to get a bit heavy in the hand (however I personally appreciate this more than a flimsy half case)

Would thoroughly recommend for the price.
on 11 January 2013
I bought this case for my 3rd gen iPad having previously purchased a much cheaper one and I must say you get what you pay for. The corners are well protected and the whole case feels light but sturdy and good quality. When using as a stand you have an almost infinite choice if angles and its not limited to the ridges on the base. The materiel is almost sticky. I spend a lot of time static in a car and I find I can now hook the iPad over the steering wheel (sticky side down) and comfortably read or whatever.
I know a lot of friends and family who own iPads and played with them all to test their cases and covers and this is by far the best I came across. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone
on 6 December 2013
We looked at dozens of cases before purchasing this one for our new Ipad.
We liked the look of it imediately, Colour and genuine leather with a snug fit.
The case arrived promptly through the post, as promissed.
Case feels good to the touch, has a "quality" feel to it. The colour doesn't quite match with the photo's, we were expecting something a little more vibrant and the real colour is more "subdued".. more of a mat finnish.
The four corner clips hold the ipad securely and allow for quick easy removal if you want to use the ipad in a docking station etc.
The stand position (landscape) feels solid, no slipping or unstability which means you quickly learn to trust in it... it's not going to fall over whilest typing etc. No portrait stand, which is a shame - but then we knew that before we chose it, so no grumbles.

The case affords good protection, corners are well protected and the lid is well padded thus offering good screen protection when closed. All the cut outs are where they are meant to be, no obstructions for any of the buttons or camera's. The magnetic flap does what it's meant to do - power off / sleep stand. The case also looks incredibly smart too.

All in all we're very pleased with our purchase.
Just brought this and it suits the iPad really well.

The rubber corner grips seem really strong but haven't released the iPad to my children yet, so will have to wait and see.

The size when folded flat does not seem too big, unlike options with keyboards added.

The iPad seems to go to sleep ok.

It's also nice to be able to vary the tilt of the iPad, and am currently sitting on the bed!

Nice job belkin.
on 31 August 2012
The case it lovely - but watch Amazon!!

***NOT ONCE - THREE TIMES!! Amazon sent me the incorrect item!! What they sent did not have the "Auto wake" feature!! In the end I got so fed up I contacted Belkin to make sure I had the correct item number (which I did) and they were brilliant! They told me to return it to Amazon and they would sort it out. And sort it out they did - hee hee and for free so I was really chuffed and I now have the correct item that DOES "Auto WAKE"!

Amazon said they would look into it, but wasn't convinced! They are normally so good :-(
on 17 October 2013
I looked at a lot of cases and thought this one was what I was looking for. I used it for a couple of weeks but found it a bit bulky for my taste.
But worse was the fact that the magnetic auto-sleep/awake where undependable. I often found that the iPad was active in my bag so I had to make sure that it went to sleep when I closed the lid. The battery consumption became higher, so I returned this case.
I ended up buying the KAVAJ Berlin case instead and I am very satisfied with my choice. it is of a really good quality and it fits the iPad as a glove. Do not add much thickness to the iPad itself.