on 17 February 2012
Bought these boots for youngest son (8 years old and very busy) to go to school in during the wet winter months. Bought in sale for about £26.00 and initially very pleased. Comfortable and hardwearing - with rubber edging around toe and sides. But unfortunately they are not waterproof and when weather was wet so were my boys socks and feet. Very soggy. They look good but are not waterproof. Would not have bought if I'd known and am glad I didn't pay full price.
on 7 June 2012
i have been buying school shoes but these are by far the best.these are good for school kids,my son kicks everything he sees,i do not polish the shoes, just wipe it with a cloth.i can't describe it enough until you try it.am very happy with my purchase.i bought them on sale and the price was very good.
on 15 November 2011
My boy has just worn them for one day today, so it's probably still early days, but they look really good! They seem robust, well made, waterproof, with good seams and a very soft and comfy leather insole. My son says they fit him well, too.
on 25 April 2013
Superb boots for young kids....the second pair my child has had. Once he grew out of the old ones we liked them so much we immediatly purchased the next size up. Easy to get on and off due to the velcro , comfortable and more waterproof than most kids walking boots. Very speedy delivery and would use this company again for sure.
on 14 January 2013
This is the first time I have bought Umi shoes for my son & I am not disappointed, yet! They look nice, very smart & stylish, he says they are very comfortable too. But only time will tell if they were a good buy as my son has a tendency to wear the toes out of shoes very quickly, I chose these boots as they looked like they had a good, strong "scuff proof" toe covering, however, after wearing them for just one week they are already showing signs of wear & tear. How long they actually last will determine whether I will buy more Umi shoes/boots. I bought a pair of Geox shoes at the same time, as in the past I have found them to be the best for my son who is king of the shoe wrecker!!!
on 15 October 2012
Bought these for my nearly 6yo but unfortunately they were a tad too small, and next size would be too big. Odd given that the other pair of Ricosta fit him in the same size but nonethless would have liked to have got these. They're lightweight, smart (we bought the navy), comfortable (he said) and the leather was both soft and seemed as though it would withstand the elements. I'd definitely buy again if they fitted, I have 3 boys and these seem ideal as they won't scuff like some of the suede versions that Ricosta do. I like the height of these and they're very padded around the ankle to keep them warm and dry.
on 29 May 2013
Boots looked good and arrived quickly. However on first wear they leaked. Both boots in same place, corner by little toe. This was NOT a hike in torrential rain, we were walking the 5 minutes back from school, it was a dull but dry afternoon, a few puddles on the ground. My son did not splash through any deep puddles. He simply walked home. Not impressed.
on 13 December 2012
I paid for one day delivery and it arrived after 5 days. Boots were pinching my boys heels from the first day so I had to use gel pads. After 3 days of wearing them to school right boot abraded on the top toe and additionally they are not waterproof and when weather was wet so were my sons socks and feet. I am very disappointed about boots and delivery service.
on 2 February 2012
As Clark Boots were far too expensive, I ordered these as an alternative for my son. They fit very well and my son loved them. I was very impressed with the quality and price and will definitely buy again.
on 20 November 2013
It is not water proof, not resistant . After few weeks and it looks and smell horrible due to water that got inside... So regret to pay that much for this rubbish. Supermarket options are far better