on 28 June 2017
Fabulous book with great quotes. Bought this for an A'level student who is off to University but who lacks creative inspiration. This is ideal as it tells her it's ok to rip off other people's ideas.
review imagereview image
on 24 July 2017
I really enjoyed this book, short precise and to the point. It really does lay the creative process out for you. After reading you will never again feel your art (or work) is less important than the greats before you. The thing is...they all stole! true originality... there is none....all our ideas have to start somewhere...so steal UNTIL you find your own style, the book embowers you. Kind of gives you a licence and the courage to go out and try......its well put together and i like the creative way the author put it together...
on 9 November 2016
This book was a birthday request for someone who has started blogging. A short, easy and personal read that is packed with practical tips to help kickstart creativity. Engaging, inspiring and practical advice on becoming a successful artist, advice that applies well beyond artistic pursuits. He hopes that this quick and easily digestible book will inspire him as it is particularly relevant in today’s digital world.
on 7 December 2017
This book, among other things, reminds us that being creative should be play and not some deadly serious legacy to leave behind. It's not about winning the Booker prize, and hoping to be seen as sophisticated, clever and serious: it's about the joy of possibility and creativity.
Every aspiring, yet insecure and fearful artist should read this book.
on 10 August 2016
Fantastic books! Great layout and love the bullet point style. Brilliant! I'd reached a wall with my creativity and this book addressed the issue I had and turned it on its head. Can't wait to get back to doing what I love and get my stuff out there!
on 8 August 2016
Simple to read, straight forward, very inspiring and gives a lot of ideas of how to be creative, or helping in your creative career. All the basic ideas are there, but sometimes I think we need to read them again to remember them, and learn to explore more your skills.
on 5 April 2018
Great book, it fell to bits on opening, I also bought the follow up ('Show Your Work') which does not have the same problem, but both have valuable, succinct content and make for easy and enjoyable 'just do it' reading.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 June 2017
I Read this three times back to back. It is very insightful and empowering. I am glad I bought this book. I have also bought and read 'show your work' and I have begun applying all the tips I find useful. It's a five star for me because I am always gonna go back and read this regularly. It's hard to find books you can read more than once and still learn something, theses days.
on 29 December 2017
A good read offering some interesting ideas on the notion of stealing inspiration from others - and how to get away with it.
on 29 April 2016
This is an inspirational book. It is a fun read, but it has a message. I would recommend it to younger readers in any creative profession. Old uns like me will say "I wish I'd read that years ago". I have passed it on to my daughter, a writer. Entertaining and inspiring.