Top critical review
22 people found this helpful
Difficulty with wifi
on 30 May 2013
1) The main appeal for me of this camera was its wifi ability. I watched the video on the canon website and relished the idea of being able to flick pictures from this camera to my phone/tablet/pc.... No! Would not connect to my wifi at all and I have had no other problems with my home wifi. So I am really disappointed with this aspect.
2) I also found the camera to be so small I was afraid I would drop it all the time, (and I am female with delicate hands)
3) On the same subject, I found the touch screen to be quite fiddly. You need patience and a delicate touch. It would be so easy to hit delete!!
4) I also found that after taking a photo there was a waiting time before you saw the picture and before you could take the next picture. I was using a good sd card too... one of the extreme sans discs (10)
5) Before I hit on the positives one more thing, when in the specs you see the lcd screen size... erm... no... not quite! I was really disappointed because I like to see my picture fill the screen and view it really clearly but your photo only takes up the middle portion of the screen with a column on the left and right for menu and displays.
The positives have to be that when I tried this camera I found lots of new functions on it that my old ixus doesn't do. So I have gone and bought a powershot sx260 hs. It's a bit more sturdy, got a great zoom on it and has all the functions of this ixus 240 hs. It's great for point and shoot and you can work it manually too.
So in conclusion, I am no camera expert but I do like good photos. Most of the time I point and shoot but occasionally I experiment. This is a great point and shoot camera and if you can get the wifi going I am sure it is good too.
I did not print any pictures so I cannot comment on that. I hope this as been helpful :-)