Top positive review
26 people found this helpful
Ideal for carrying it together to any place
on 28 October 2012
I bought this camera before Summer at around 270£. Now its price has dropped quite a lot, so I guess it is a chance. I used it in many occasions especially under heavy sun light and during almost complete darkness (in clubs).
My other camera is a 3-year old SONY DSLR a200.
1. You can carry it in your pocket, something you cant do with your DSLR or even some other heavier small cameras. Apart from that, my DSLR does not shoot video and this was an additional reason I bought Ixus. Note that I think it is very important to be able to carry your camera anywhere, even if you will have to lose something in picture quality (which I discuss below)
2. Applications: There are around 20 different modes you can use your camera with. In fact you don't even need so many different options! Interface is great and I am very satisfied with the camera's applications which my oldie DSLR lacks.
3. Video is 1080 HD. Quality is excellent and seriously you do not have to carry with you a camcorder (unless of course you are seeking something professional).
4. Its appearance is stylish! Take the classy white!
1. I am not sure whether I should classify this as a con, since I am asking too much from such a small camera. Picture quality is excellent when compared to other small cameras I have seen (obviously I haven't seen every other small camera, so please do not count so much on my opinion on its comparison with other small cameras; for example I have never seen NEX or coolpix). But I can compare it with my a200 DSLR: In that case, you will understand the difference when you zoom in the pictures you have taken. This camera is not a DSLR. Its pictures are great but if you want to take excellent ones with shiny colours and the ability to crop them without losing in quality and obtaining peculiar 'white pixels', then take your DSLR with you. For all other cases, this is a great camera.