on 7 February 2014
Would recommend to friends very happy with camera it was what I was looking for will be happy to buy more products
on 27 October 2013
This is a brilliant camera and easy to use. I can't do a technical reviewbut I would say go and buy it.
on 3 October 2013
If you want a fast camera this is not it, very slow, takes ages to auto-focus and blue tooth is usless
on 5 December 2012
This camera is great, it takes excellent low light shots. its small but not as small as my old ixus, the battery doesn't seem to last as long either and i wonder why canon got rid of the nice little charging dock with remote control the old ixus had. I bought it because I have moved to mac and its difficult to get a camera which doesnt lose all its nifty features when you put it on mac.

I still haven't worked out how to use the wifi transfer to computer... I need to read the instructions I guess but forgot them at home when I work abroad. The shutter in the front seems a little flimsy but its held up well so far with being carried around in pockets and hand bags bags.

Over all i like it, but a little disappointed that canon haven't made things like the charging dock, remote control, long battery life and sturdy build a standard they build upon. you can tell we are in a recesion. But it takes a good picture and I am happy with it.
on 23 September 2013
Unlucky with camera. It broke down after a couple of days use. Seller does not think he has to replace it.
on 23 December 2012
I've always been a fan of the Canon Ixus range of cameras and this was the obvious choice when it came to an upgrade. Unfortunately, I couldn't live this this camera for more than a few hours. Sorry Canon. Thanks Amazon for an amazing returns policy!

The camera itself is tiny and has bare minimum buttons or dials to fiddle with. The entire rear side of the camera is a large touch screen display and pretty much everything is driven through an on screen menu..... and this is where I started to dislike things. The screen is not responsive at all and if you're used to a touch screen phone or tablet then you'll get frustrated very quickly. Instead of a simple tap or swipe to navigate the menu I found that I needed to pause for a split-second on my chosen icon or action. Not exactly what I'd call slick and by the end of a day out with the kids I'd had enough and just left the camera in Auto mode. It got worse when trying to use the video functions as it appeared to try and be "clever" and kept switching between different modes and focus on random items throughout the filming process. The end result was a video that was too dark and very grainy.... but it didn't matter because it was blurred! (Another family memory that'll never be re-lived)

The biggest issue I had with the camera was the battery life. After an overnight charge the camera managed to take approx. 100 still images, 5 mins of poor quality video and then Wi-Fi transfer 30 stills onto a tablet before dying completely. Luckily I ordered an additional battery when purchasing the camera so had one to finish the Wi-Fi transfer but I'd have been in trouble without it has it appeared that the battery will not charge using the USB lead connected when connected to a PC.

Another thing that is worth mentioning is dust on the camera lens. The camera was kept in a genuine Canon case from the moment I opened the packaging and was returned to case after each use, at no point was it left with the lens extended or protective shutter open but I was amazed at how much dust found itself onto the surface of the lens. Many of the pictures taken in low-light conditions have noticeable flaws on them caused by the dust and I fear that this would get worse in time. (I'm sure Dyson would be very interested to talk to the engineers at Canon to see what material the lens is made from as it's perfect for attracting dust and fluff!)

Overall...... VERY, VERY disappointing
on 6 June 2013
Beautiful little camera, in terms of design and features in such a small size. My only problem was could not connect to WiFi which was a major reason for my purchase. Tried hard and contacted Canon via email and despite their suggestions, still couldn`t connect.. So reluctantly had to return it to Amazon, and with their usual astonishing efficiency, arranged return posting label, and reimbursed my account within 48 hours.It`s always worth paying that little bit more to have such reassuring Amazon back up and service. Thank you!
on 5 February 2013
Image quality is very good but the camera's full auto mode (idiot proof) is weak. On the second shot it gets it right but the first one usually comes out bad. Not sure if this is because I'm not using right but I wanted a simple point and shoot as I'm not a pro photographer. I've tweaked the settings so hopefully I should get better results. Shame that in 16.9 format it's only 7 mega pixels.
on 16 December 2012
Small and compact but with lots of features to allow you to take control of all the images you capture
on 10 December 2014