on 15 May 2012
I've been gaming online for longer than I care to remember, games have come and gone, some well remembered and others best forgotten. Tera is the first in a long line to really make you lose track of how long you've been online for ! To make things simple I'll just make a few plus and minus points :

Positives.
Graphically gorgeous ! I spend so long just wandering through areas looking at the scenery it's scary. The attention to detail the developers have put in has paid off. The graphic requirements are not that harsh which was a pleasant surprise.
Simple quest system. Basically the same as any other MMORPG - go to the highlighted NPC, get the quest and go off and hit stuff.
Engaging gameplay. This is not you WoW style "target mob and press one button until it dies", the combat system involves more thought and forces you to evaluate all your options.

Negatives.
Combat system (yes I put it as a plus above but read on). Unlike WoW/EQ/all the other clones, this game is not easy mode. If you've played any of the Elder Scrolls games or a few FPS's then you know what to expect - if you come in thinking it'll be a walk in the park then think again.
Tradeskilling. Like most MMORPG's tradeskilling is a moneypit. Admittedly the moneypit isn't as deep or annoying as other games currently on the market.
Localisation. The game we see is effectively US localised - ie touched up for the American market, Some outfits and graphics have been toned down to prevent whining from the vocal moralists. Quite frankly I'd have preferred there to have been an option that let me set what I want and don't want to see on my charas.

Anyway, in summary it's a very good start to a game and hopefully signals a long and enjoyable product.
Buy it and give it a whirl - it may just knock away those WoW cobwebs ^_^
on 8 June 2012
When i installed the game some weeks ago I was not at all convinced about its quality. I was quite sure it would have been another grind based korean mmo. I was wrong. The game is very funny to play, the graphics are very good, and is is damn funny to face the famous "Big Ass Monsters" or BAMs on my own or in a group. The quest system is very traditional, so don't expect to be amazed by the quests or by the storyline. It is very much like wow or aion or swtor. It is the same rewarmed soup.
The world has its unity, meaning that it is not an ugly patchwork of separated maps. You can explore it by foot or on your mount. It is amazing. Pity for the presence of some very narrow areas connected by unique tracks without a real alternative route to explore. All the classes are very fun to play, as i have seen during my gaming experience. I will surely subscribe foe the next months when i come back home!
on 19 August 2013
I was on Beta, so I knew what I was getting and new IP it's always hard to maintain a sub model, which I prefer best, specially considering what type of crowd F2P tends to attract to.

Appart that, it's a nice different pace of combat when compared to other MMO's, nice graphics and runs fine on my modest laptop with 3 years with graphs almost on max.
on 23 July 2015
What can i say about this game but lots of promises to be the new World of Warcraft. It wasn't. Shame it had a lot of good things going for it however would not recommend. Lots of better MMO's out there and some totally free.
on 8 May 2012
This is my first P2P (Pay to Play) online game, and im happy to say that, so far, it has been worth every penny i paid for it.
on 9 January 2013
This game is going "Free 2 Play" in February 2013. Anyone will be able to download and play this game for free. The only advantage to buying this, apart from the included items, is to gain a "veteran" title granted to anyone who has ever had a paid subscription to the game prior to Jan 31st 1013. However, you can also buy the digital download version of the Collectors Edition for around £50 so save your money and buy from the official site if you want the collectors items and veteran status. If those things do not interest you, just wait until February and get the entire standard game for free with no subscription.