on 10 November 2012
I received this product today after my Ricoh GX 3050SFN had an 0990 error which I couldn't correct even though following instructions sent directly from Ricoh. To have Ricoh come to fix the problem was expensive. So I went on Amazon and chose this Canon MX435 printer as the price was right and it also did scanning, copy and fax. Installing was a breeze. I used the scan and copy right away and it was perfect. The scanner was much quieter than the Ricoh GX 3050. Copying was just a press of a button. The print quality was excellent. I highly recommend this product. It was also much lighter than the Ricoh which is very heavy in my opinion. I don't know yet how much it will cost to replace the ink cartridges. Instead of individual cartridges as in the Ricoh for CMYK, the MX435 has only two cartridges - a black cartridge and the colour cartridge. The printer is a very glossy black which I don't mind. It has wireless connection too but I couldn't figure that out. I usually use a usb connection anyway but wireless would have been good as I also have a laptop. I'm happy nevertheless.
on 5 March 2013
This printer is perfect for my needs. I needed to be able to print the occasional document and photo and this fits the bill. It's really easy to set up, wireless feature set up easily, just needed the passcode for my broadband box, installed on computer and ready to go. Didn't even need to install anything on the iPad, it just found the printer. Photocopier a bonus, worked well when I needed to use it, not scanned to pc yet, but sure will be fine when I do. Delighted I bought from amazon warehouse as used, only issue was the box was bashed, but packaging had protected printer, all brand new and sealed in box. Would recommend
on 24 December 2012
For those who read the 1 star reviews that say that the printer is hard to install it's not. It has basic instructions you can have it up and running in about 20 minutes including unboxing. Ink cartridges are easy to install no need to use force like other printers. It prints fast and very well, double sided printing is easy, scanner is great. Setting up a wireless connection took ~10 seconds with pressing the WPS key on the router.

The only downside of the printer so far is that the loaded paper sticks out which is fine but it would look much neater if it were inside the printer like the other more expensive Canon printers.
on 27 November 2014
Printer looks very good and prints well. The reason for my 3 star review is that I often have difficulties getting it to print from some programmes and it seems slow so I then end up with multiple printouts of the same document? Probably user error in some way but I've never experienced user errors with previous printers. Cartridges are pricey and it doesn't like non brand ones so won't read ink levels.
on 18 February 2013
I had to replace an earlier Canon model had worked brilliantly & totally reliably for over 8 years.

I needed to replace the print-head which failed but couldn't do so for less than £72 so I was forced to consider a new printer at a more economic cost.

I am more than delighted with my new MX 435 at less than half this cost.

It is a little slower but perfect for my requirements.

I can honestly say I cannot agree with any of the negative comments in the less complimentary reviews here. reviews
on 9 January 2018
It's so slow!!! Spends an eternity before it starts printing. Thoroughly un-user friendly and complicated interface. Didn't last long before paper jam killed it.
on 25 May 2016
No good spent more money getting stuff printed elsewhere as the ink used to run
on 20 March 2014
I have used hp and Samsung printers but it is much better .I am using this for last one year .The only draw back is the ink cartridge is costly
on 6 October 2014
Easy to use and to manage when the paper gets stuck, unlike my previous printers
on 7 October 2014
Life got so much easier !!lol...Love using the printer...I'll do everything on my laptop & that's about it..you just have to turn on the machine & the rest is history!