on 7 June 2014
I bought Canada Green following recommendation from my gardener. My grass had became very patchy and i needed seed to both fill the gaps and thicken up the rest of the lawn. I spread the 1kg bag over the front and back lawn using a spreader. I left it for a couple of weeks to do its work and the rest is history. Well worth buying if you want thick green lawn.
on 13 July 2014
Good seed, have used some previously and so I bought this bag twice the size of my last packet. I am growing a front lawn on very stony soil, I chose this as it says it will grow in any conditions. When I have finished out front I am hoping to patch and extent rear lawns too. Good Buy. I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT BEFORE II BOUGHT IT FROM AMAZON RATHER THAN THIS SELLER AND THEY ARE DIFFERENT. THIS ONE IS BY FAR BETTER, THE PACK 500GM I bought from Amazon grows really fast and needs cutting every dam week, I bought from this seller because I wanted a bigger bag but this is much slower and you don't need to mow it very often which is always a plus.
on 23 October 2016
I have used Canada Grass Seed before, a few years back now, well 15-years ago exactly. I did it back then as a bit of a joke as my partner is Canadian so thought I would bring her a piece of Canada into our own garden, just for her. Thats how much I love her...

Pleased to say what I originally sown all those years ago is still growing GREAT, and we now also have 2 teenage sons, that are growning as strong as the original Canada Grass still is!

Only snag is that recently we have been attacked my Badgers!
What a Mess! I have had to completely re-dig up the grassed area and now having to resow seed to bring the grass back to how it was.
So had been looking for Canada Seed via local stores, as I like to buy things locally. In the end came back to Amazon to buy it.

I originally purchsed Canada Seed from Amazon in Sept 2015, but the Badgers have been back this year.

[READ THIS FIRST]
Noticed that as its end of season, that the Price of a 1KG pack has dropped by Half - so GRAB one quick in what is clearly an end of season SALE!
Note, Grass SEED lasts for years, so buy in advance for your next seasons "badger" attack, its what I've done and have saved a packet!
on 2 November 2016
Sowed the seed late (mid October) by the beginning of November it was up and looking great. Its a minor miracle as I didn't expect much to happen. Will definitely buy this seed again, it makes perfect sense using Canadian climate seed. I'm absolutely delighted.
on 18 December 2013
it works really fast and you see the grass growing within days but it doesn't cover 47sq meters if you are trying to cover muddy patches i would use half the bag on 3 sq meters of mud x
on 7 July 2014
After about three weeks of watering the seed I was about to give up and order turf then all of a sudden the grass started to grow at a rate of knots. Still have some patches that have not taken, not sure if that's due to the birds eating it but have put down more seed so hopefully that will start to come through soon. Worth buying.
on 6 June 2015
The only seed that works for me, tried all the other patch stuff with negative results. I was left with a lot of bare patches after scarifying my lawns, I mixed the seeds with some general compost and scattered it over the gaps. Positive results took about 2-3 weeks after application in May/June, been plenty of rain so no worries about them drying out. The grass has now covered all the gaps and has blended in well.
on 2 July 2012
We bought this product as a last ditch attempt to rejuvinate our lawn which had become very sad-looking, despite a great deal of TLC in all forms being lavished on it. The whole area was scarified, cut and prepared thoroughly to receive the seed. There has been satisfactorily warm temperatures and more than enough rain since to grow a jungle, but after three weeks not a sign of growth is visible. We haven't totally given up hope yet, but it doesn't look promising.
on 28 September 2014
This seed was used to cover a steeply descending garden plot in Eastern England approx 70' x 25' of very heavy clay soil from which most of the topsoil had long been washed away I did not have much hope of success as nothing apart from sparse heavy spiky weed had previously grown in this area.
I weeded then dug the area over [ which was very heavy work] and sowed the seed as directed and as a precaution I erected anti- bird netting over the whole area.. I watered the area twice daily and much to my surprise about 10 days later grass shoots stared to appear , I am still watering and the grass shoots are growing bigger and more are appearing.
Given the fact that the ground has been dry for a very long time due to a prolonged drought and was nearly as hard as concrete I am very pleased with this product and will be purchasing more as I extend planting to another area.My feeling is that it helps if regular watering is maintained until a regular rainfall is re-established as the seeds need this to germinate . A very good Product !!!!

T. Lawson
on 15 June 2014
Had a lawn with a load of yellow patches due to my dogs, was recommended Canada grass seeds and have to say its been brilliant. I saturated the yellow patches, rake out the dried grass, laid some lawn soil, then the seeds, then a bit more lawn soil and watered it daily. After 5 days a few shoots appeared, now 9 days later after days of baking sun, the patches are covered with thick grass, about an inch and half high. Will now buy more to use to thicken the rest of the lawn.

See one answered question