Price:£169.00+ £4.83 shipping

on 20 November 2012
This piece looks fantastic when displayed! A really good size for those who like larger Lego sets, really good minifigures (even if two of them are droids) - the General Grievous is particularly impressive with his detailed face and his four lightsbares, as well as Count Dooku, who I've never seen in another set yet.

In terms of building, is a decently complex and interesting build that should satisfy those who like a challenge (I'd imagine younger children may need some help).
In terms of playability, it's not really a set you can swoosh around because it is quite heavy once completed. However, there is a built-in handle on the top, so moving it around is possible, but smaller hands may drop it if it's used for vigorous play. it does have missiles on each side, but I found these to be a bit tricky to operate; mine keep sticking every so often. The lid does lift off to reveal the inside though, so it can still be played with using the migifigures to stage an on-board battle.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this one for collectors and people who like to display their Lego due to its fantastic finished look and its complex build.

I'd perhaps not recommend this one for younger children; it's not the most durable set, and it is complex to build. I think there are other models that they could have more fun with.
on 27 September 2013
My seven year old saved up all his christmas, birthday and pocket money to buy this set and he couldn't be more pleased with it. It is impressively big when it's built and has an integrated carry handle, which makes it easy to move around. The detailing is fabulous and you get a good selection of mini figures with it. It took him two days to build and he managed the vast majority of it on his own. Best lego set we've had so far (and we've had quite a few!).
on 7 February 2014
Amazing model, it's huge too! This is one of the ones he's not allowed to take apart, it's fantastic!
The top slides off. He plays with this all the time (uses it with his Halo characters and models too) This has been played with more than his Death Star!
Great investment.
on 15 February 2013
My 10 year old LOVES this and as with most lego loved assembling it. Especially the handle so he can pick it up safely!
on 1 March 2013
this is a really good product, the prize was the cheapest than any where else that i could find, my brother loves it, if u have a young brother or son then this is a must buy if they r into lego or starwars.
on 30 December 2013
Well packaged item.

I bought this item as I found it to be the best priced and i spend quite a bit of time searching.
Would use this seller again and would be confident to have the same high quality transaction
on 23 December 2013
My son (12 Years old) was over the moon with his present. It is a complicated assembly as there are hundreds of bricks but the instructions are very clear. Now fully assembled, looks great and being played with a lot.
on 27 December 2012
This product was requested by my grandson for his birthday. It is made to the usual high quality Lego standard and according to my grandson is a very cool item in the Star Wars fleet, which I understand any other 9-14 year Lego fan will relate to.
on 31 January 2013
Purchased for my son's (7 Years old) Christmas present (from Father Christmas) purchased from Amazon as it was the cheapest around at that time. Hours of fun building, very easy to build & stays together. My son is now customizing this daily !!!
on 22 April 2013
Grievous figure is superb. Build is fun and not overly challenging for my 6 year old with a little help from Dad. Ion cannon is great but tricky to construct. However, this is a lego fan's idea of heaven. It is very playable for a ship of this size with easy access to key areas and a handy built-in handle for some serious space manoeuvres. Almost impossible to get the proportionality right with a ship as imposing as the malevolence, but that would have required a ship many times bigger than the famous UCS 10179. A bit pricey but keep your eyes peeled as you can pick it up at a bargain price: I know I did and was able to convince the wife it was just for the kids...