on 2 December 2013
Wasn't sure that this was the right dongle for my non-blue ray machine but I checked with Panasonic and they confirmed that the DY-WL5 and the DY-WL5-EK are one and the same product so blue ray or not doesn't matter. This seems to be a general problem with Amazon descriptions they frequently don't give the technical information that you are looking for

The set up was easy despite the lack of instructions with the product. Just plug it in and follow the instructions on the TV screen. Is working very well so can only recommend it. The lack of instruction is not the sellers fault but down to Panasonic. Overall very pleased with it, the price compared to other outlets and the speed of delivery.
on 27 November 2012
It was easy to configure and connected immediately to the internet wireless hub. I would welcome increased internet capability such as Skype.
on 18 December 2012
The dongle works very well - picked up the wifi straight away and have the speed I would expect.

My only concern is that - at over £40 - for what looks like such a straightforward piece of technology seems over the top. I would also question why Panasonic dont have built-in wifi on the PVR as default - rather having to buy a separate dongle. A big sales pitch for the PVR is around the smartware so you would think that inbuilt wifi especially for a premium brand like a Panny should come as standard!
22 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2014
The only thing this will give you that anyone is likely to want is iPlayer and YouTube. It does not support Lovefilm Instant or BlinkBox. It also comes with NO meaningful instructions. Do yourself a favour. Save yourself £45 and instead put it in the pot to buy yourself a Smart TV sometime in the future which, let's face it, all the manufacturers are trying to force us to do anyway with all these very restricted functionality add-on devices.
on 14 December 2012
Dongle was easy to install and works perfectly without messing around with convoluted set-up procedures. Plug in, switch on and go; simple.
on 12 January 2013
It does everything I wanted it to do plus more that I did not expect.
I would recommend this piece of technology to anyone.
on 26 November 2012
Worked perfectly as soon as I installed it. Since having installed it I have had no trouble with it. Great purchase.
on 28 January 2013
Easily installed and does the job. Opens up Panasonic's online features open up new viewing opportunities such as Net Flix and Youtube.
on 4 January 2013
This Panasonic WiFi dongle is a simple if pricey addition to my Panasonic Blu-Ray/DVD player. It was dispatched very fast, was well packed and worked straight out of the box.... as expected!
on 28 December 2013
I bought a Panasonic Blu-Ray player to update the one we already had and as it was a reasonable price selected it.

I'd seen that it was network capable, the ethernet port was included but get it WiFi enabled had to buy this. You need an internet connection to make the best use of Blu-Ray. Thought I'd have to pay £10 - 15 for that but £50 is a joke.

It connected to the network very easily and I can get onto the internet and use the player as a DLNA device for streaming content from my computer. I can also take advantage of my Netflix account and stream movies etc. So, it makes my old TV semi-smart, that's good.

It takes up a USB port on the front of the player so, aesthetically it's poor.

When you turn it on, during the boot up there's a "Sponsored Ad" for Myspace!! What the hell is that about? Does it mean I get money or Panasonic, make your guess. It's so intrusive it really gets on my wick.

Fancy buying a toaster and finding out that the toast comes out with a brand on saying "Buy Hovis" absolutely bonkers.

Having said all that, it does the job but is very expensive, hence the 3 stars.