Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

1,742
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 14 September 2012
When we the public were being primed for the introduction of Blu-Ray, one of the primary benefits of the greater capacity in relation to DVD was that there would be access to far more features and extras such as directors commentarys; yes they were going to be considerably more expensive than DVD but you got so much more for your money, it wasn't just better sound and audio.

However, here we see despite the significantly higher premium over DVD, this Blu-Ray offers zero extras, not because they're not available or won't fit on the disc, but because Disney know many individuals will have been waiting for this disc and will pre-order, unaware of the omissions, and of course Disney will then release a 'Special Edition' including everything they should include now.

The sad fact is that many enthusiasts will end up buying both Blu-Rays, and it's this disgraceful attitude towards the UK and all markets except the US which means I never buy new Blu-Rays anymore, preferring to buy them used on Amazon.

And the studios wonder why there's such a massive market for pirated films? It's because you're a bunch of greedy, self-serving entities that's why.
3939 Comments| 760 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2012
Scenes edited, extras missing all because they rushed the UK release. Other European countries get this unedited.

Please please buy the US version which will work on your UK PS3 or Bluray player. Unedited & all the extras.
2121 Comments| 327 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2012
Was fully intending to get this until I noticed that all the special features have been cut out. Way to go Marvel/Disney. Why release something like this - a disk that was going to sell insane numbers - and waste the opportunity by gutting it? All you're doing is pissing people off. No way I'll be buying this, might try and import the US release.
33 Comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2012
Not only have Disney treated their UK buyers appallingly by leaving off special features (they've already dropped the DVDs from their animated classics unlike the US versions) it now seems as if we get the edited version that (some) other European countries are getting. How can Disney even release a version here that wasn't the one classified by the BBFC?

This is completely unacceptable and shows nothing more than contempt for UK customers, especially considering the movie in question.

I can understand retailer exclusives with bonus discs and steelbook packaging, but no matter where you buy it you'll not be getting the complete movie.
2121 Comments| 272 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2012
I can't believe they removed the director's commentary on the BR disc.... Is already one of the best selling movies ever, and I'm pretty sure it will beat records on home video too... But this is outrageous! This is marketing screwing up the fans. We'll give you our money, when you deserve it.

Canceling my preorder made in July.

This sucks
11 Comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2012
I am boiling with FURY. I ordered the Blu-ray only to later discover that tonnes of extras have been omitted. This is in STARK contrast to the US release. Disney really kept LOKI about this. No doubt there will be another release further down the line with a "Special Edition" BANNER all over it.

So Disney, you can ROMANOFF.
1212 Comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2012
I'm really glad I didn't pre-order this as when I initially looked there didn't seem to be many bonus features. There does seem to have been a massive error of judgement by Disney over this. A key scene has been edited and the US version of the blue-ray has the additional features that we all expect now. I'd advise anyone wanting to buy this to wait until nearer Christmas - I bet a revised version will be issued. I'm not sure if this has been a cynical marketing ploy to make more money in the expectation that fans will buy both or a genuine slip-up. Either way Disney has scored a major own goal here. I think there have been a large number of complaints to Disney and this is being taken up by Watchdog on the BBC. This is not a criticism of the film which I loved but a review of the blueray release, and I'm really disappointed as I was really looking forward to watching this.
33 Comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2012
I ordered the US 4 disc combo set through Amazon UK as I was disappointed with the UK release.

Wanted to confirm for anyone who's concerned that the US version is definitely multi region, plays fine on UK players.

Cost a little more, just over £27 including shipping but you get a much better set - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD, digital copy, and soundtrack download - fantastic! ... and the Coulson "scene" isn't tampered with, as in the UK version!

Buy it.
88 Comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2012
How come the US amazon is selling a "Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy + Digital Music Download" and the UK isn't? I have been waiting to purchase this movie and low and behold I find that the UK customers do not have the choice the US customers have.

Shameful
on 1 September 2012
There's no way I'm shelling out money for a vanilla release like this, when I know that there will be a special, bells and whistles edition released a few months later.

It's even more galling when I read that the US DVD and Blu-Ray releases will include more extras, particularly the director's commentary. Get back to me when you're prepared to treat your fans with equal respect, Marvel.
33 Comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse