Format: DVD|Change

on 10 January 2017
Wreck it Ralph is about the villain of a video game who really wants a medal. This Disney animated feature has a great story with a characters that make the film stand out as much as the candy themed visuals. Set in an arcade with self aware video game characters the 'hero' resents his lot in life as a villain and sets off to another game to get his medal. The twists and turns in this film are well thought out and although the chemistry between the two main characters is somewhat lacklustre the story is funny and sharp with a great feel good ending. There isn't much to not like. I would even say the film shows some strong women when many such Disney stories have historically not done this.

All in all, this is a must see for any comedy romance and the young at heart and any kids that might like this genre!
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2016
I saw this, along with my young son, in the cinema when it was first released, but he wasn't such a fan of videogames then. It's a really great concept: all of the videogame characters mingling after hours in the back of the amusement arcade they all reside in, with special reference to the titular character 'Wreck It Ralph' who plays the antagonist in his eponymous video game - huge handed giant who wrecks the inhabitants' of Niceland's homes, something which is later rectified by the hero, Fix It Felix Jnr's endeavors.

There's everything here for the true retro gamer: first person shooter characters; kart racing and pretty much a reference to everything else. I swear that this is a true treat for all of the family.
on 8 March 2017
Great movie. It's now part of my Disney Blu-Ray O-Ring collection.

However, I purchased this from the seller "HarriBella.UK.Ltd" and the sleeve had 2 barcode stickers on the back which I'm struggling to remove. So if like me you're buying this because of the sleeve, maybe try another seller.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 February 2014
My daughter watched this at the cinema with a friend when it was first out and came home raving about it, so I got the DVD for her.
I have to say I am usually bored rigid in children's films and one has to be very entertaining for me to watch it all through. However, I really enjoyed this. There's nothing in it that I can see to worry or offend parents of younger children and yet there is a retro game theme running through it and plenty of humour to keep parents interested too. I really enjoyed the story and didn't drift off into boredom once. We watched it as a family and my husband enjoyed it too. Highly recommended.
on 25 April 2017
Great film with loveable characters. Loved that fact that other famous game characters made an appearance like Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac-Man and the Ghosts, Bowser and many more. I loved the concept that not only do the toys come to life when we are not around so do the games. They made a villain or as they say 'Bad Guy' different to others as he doesn't want to take over the world, he wants respect.
on 27 January 2017
Cant believe we waited so long to see this. It is so funny. Not just for the kids, we are in our 30's and laughed all the way through. Very cleverly done
on 5 June 2017
for my granddaughter
on 3 July 2014
The steelbook is a clever mix of retro simplicity. The film itself was a welcome surprise not knowing whether it would find a place among all the wonderful witty modern animated film's that grace your time. Wreck it ralph exceed's and deliver's in away that shrek managed in a refreshing, cool, funny manor; mixing all the element's to create a modern classic. A small minor problem was quickly resolved by the seller, who's service and kindness was greatly appreciated. Highly recommended.
on 14 May 2017